anytime dining on Liberty

cruiserami

From what I understand, you have to chose 1 or the other. If you are booked for late seating, and that's what you want, you should be all set, though keep in mind you requested late seating. They do their best to honor that but it isn't guaranteed until you get on the ship and you check your S & S card.

Something else to keep in mind is that you can't do assigned seating some nights and anytime dining other nights. Its one OR the other.

I get it! I was never told there was an option. We are a large party (over 40 of us now) and so I'm wondering if everyone else with us would prefer the anytime dining, though I'm doubting it since it may be the only time we can connect with our 18-22 year olds. I have been wanting to try that though. We get hungry and want to go to dinner at different times every night, depending on what we do that day.

I get it! I was never told there was an option. We are a large party (over 40 of us now) and so I'm wondering if everyone else with us would prefer the anytime dining, though I'm doubting it since it may be the only time we can connect with our 18-22 year olds. I have been wanting to try that though. We get hungry and want to go to dinner at different times every night, depending on what we do that day.

This is all new to me..! We just recently booked the Glory for 2010, and were offered only 'early' or 'late' choices....:o

I can't imagine CCL having both 'anytime' as well as set dining times, but one never knows.. I'd be curious to see how they do that...:confused:

Naturally, all Carnival ships have dining of some sort 24/7.... Could we be confused at this point?? Please advise..:) Curious now...

ps: Sailing on the Freedom in 45 days and haven't heard of any changes....:cool:

This is all new to me..! We just recently booked the Glory for 2010, and were offered only 'early' or 'late' choices....:o

I can't imagine CCL having both 'anytime' as well as set dining times, but one never knows.. I'd be curious to see how they do that...:confused:

Naturally, all Carnival ships have dining of some sort 24/7.... Could we be confused at this point?? Please advise..:) Curious now...

ps: Sailing on the Freedom in 45 days and haven't heard of any changes....:cool:

It is only on the Legend and the Liberty for now (it is a trial) You either chose traditional or anytime but that is what you get for the entire cruise, you can not switch back and forth On the Legend 1st floor and part of 2nd floor is traditional, a part of the second floor is anytime, as they only have 1 dining room. On the Liberty I believe 1 dining room will be traditional and the other anytime but I dont know this for sure since I have not been on that ship

when i checked i was told one dining room traditional, the other anytime. also was told with the anytime you can call dining room every morning and reserve a time, and the same wait staff for each night. and set your group together each night. we sail nov 8th and are staying with late seating

I am very interested to hear how this works out on the Liberty. I have read threads that have info on the Legend but since that is 1 Dining Room vs the 2 Dining Rooms I am thinking it should be different.

I LOVE traditional Dining and hope that the experience does not change!

It should be interesting to see how this works out on the first few sailings on Liberty since only Traditional was offered when the large majority of these people booked.

Report back to the thread and let us know please!!!

Don't hold me to it, but I thought I read a post saying the Silver dining room (the larger dining room at the back of the ship) was going to be used for traditional dining and the Golden dining room (the smaller dining room in the center of the ship) was going to be used for anytime.

Now where did I see that post??? :confused: :D

I am very interested to hear how this works out on the Liberty.

It should be interesting to see how this works out on the first few sailings on Liberty since only Traditional was offered when the large majority of these people booked.

Report back to the thread and let us know please!!!

The instant I heard that 'Anytime' was an option on our Liberty sailing, I called and signed up right away! I think it's a great option for people like us who prefer a table for two, want to eat when we're ready, and won't miss all the singing and dancing.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Don't hold me to it, but I thought I read a post saying the Silver dining room (the larger dining room at the back of the ship) was going to be used for traditional dining and the Golden dining room (the smaller dining room in the center of the ship) was going to be used for anytime.

Now where did I see that post??? :confused: :D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=16787173&postcount=1

Just out of dry dock. Ship was very clean. Only thing I could tell done to ship was reconfiguration of the Golden dining room. Tables all set for 2 and 4 people. You can tell its ready for the anytime dining, starting next week. We were assigned table in Golden.

Do we have to call ahead of time to let them know what option we want or is that something that is dealt with at check in? We have chosen early seting (2 children and 2 old folks) and we wnat to stick with that.

When I originally booked the cruise, I had requested the late seating (which showed on my edocs), but when I heard about 'anytime', I called and switched to that and they changed my edocs as well.

If you picked the early seating, it will stay that way, unless you make a call to change it.

Archived