Cabins 8616 and 8618 on the Star

dianef

My family and I have cabins 8618,and 8616,obstructed view on the Star.Wonder how these cabins are?Can you see anything or are the tenders completely obstructing view?The cabin configuration is different than the others?Is that good or bad?It looks like the cabins might be wider and shorter than the other cabins.

Here's a link that may help you decide. They are talking about quad occupancy cabins, but the general description should be the same. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=835387&highlight=sideways+cabin I just did a search for "sideways cabin" - lots of posts and most of them very favorable.

When I first read your post, I thought it was in the same area we once had on the Star. My complaint was that we were over the Carousel Bar and we heard "music" all night long! And, one morning while getting dressed a worker appeared outside our window, working on a tender. Now that was a wake up call! :eek:

Thanks for the info.There will be my husband and I in one cabin and my son,wife and two boys inthe other.It sounds like there will be one bed from the ceiling and the king bed will make into a bed for three,with trundle.Am I thinking right?Don'tknow if that is good or bad.

• 1 month later...

We have the exact same cabins booked for our family, we are sailing March 14, 2009. When are you sailing, if it is after us, I can definitely let you know how they worked (we have 2 adults and 1 child in both of our rooms). If you sail before us, I hope you will do the same. Thanks and happy cruising!:)

We are sailing on Jan. 3,2009.It looks like the cabin will have a trundle in center,having 3 people in one large bed and a bunk from the wall.Will post back after our cruise in a couple of weeks.My grandsons are 6 and 9. I think if the kids are older,having 3 in a bed might not be as comfortable.

Archived