Sit&Strolls vs GoGo BabyzTravel Mates v/s Joey Safe Harnesses

queenL

I'm trying to decide which might be best to purchase. I love the concept of the sit &stroll but it is so expensive is it worth it? The GoGo Babyz Travelmate is far cheaper but I'm worried that it won't function well as a stroller. I don't want to have to carry the GoGo and still need to bring a stroller as well. Plus I have a tall toddler will her feet drag the ground? Can I push this forward as well as pull from behind? Does it handle other terrain well? Finally the Joey Safe Harness seems the easiest to travel with it is so compact. It is also the cheapest. With this one I would worry that my daughter would cry with this on. It looks straightjacket-ish. Do your tots resist wearing this? I would appreciate all the opinions of the parents who own these products?

I'm trying to decide which might be best to purchase. I love the concept of the sit &stroll but it is so expensive is it worth it? The GoGo Babyz Travelmate is far cheaper but I'm worried that it won't function well as a stroller. I don't want to have to carry the GoGo and still need to bring a stroller as well. Plus I have a tall toddler will her feet drag the ground? Can I push this forward as well as pull from behind? Does it handle other terrain well? Finally the Joey Safe Harness seems the easiest to travel with it is so compact. It is also the cheapest. With this one I would worry that my daughter would cry with this on. It looks straightjacket-ish. Do your tots resist wearing this? I would appreciate all the opinions of the parents who own these products?

I don't know any of those strollers but we do own a monkey harness (wal-mart, $10, they also have a bunny) and I am going to assume that your Joey Safe Harness is the same idea.

We have trained DS to understand that getting down (out of the stroller or shopping cart) and walking requires that he wear the monkey harness. If he wants to walk he absolutely has to put it on. We were pretty hard nosed about it from the start tho. We trained him that he absolutely had to "heel" (follow mommy or daddy, no if and's or butts about it) If he complained and/or started to throw a tantrum he went right back into the shopping cart or stroller and he could cry there, while strapped in. It sounds brutal but DS learned quick and now he "minds".

Samde thing with walking (un-harnessed) thru a parking lot. If he wants to walk he absolutely has to hold a hand, no compromises. If he doesnt want to hold a hand he gets picked up, period.

Anyways, my point is - if you want to try the harness, invest in the cheaper version at wal-mart and then start training your child now. Dont wait till you are on the ship before you break it out.

Also, be sure to check craigslist for the strollers you mentuon. http://www.craigslist.com. You may be able to find exactly what you want, used, at a cheaper price. Also, google for childrens resale stores in your area.

Happy Sailing!

We have a gogo babyz attachment and use it in the airport. My toddler is tall but you angle the seat when you walk so no dragging. You can push it forward or drag behind you -its very easy to use But . . it would definitely not be good as a stroller for extended periods of time ( too low, can't recline, no storage). We bring an umbrella stroller which we push with our stuff in and check at the gate - then we bring the car seat on board and put the Go Go in the overhead bin. Not too bad and a good way if you need to bring a car seat. I don't know about the sit and stroll or harness so I can't help there.

We have the GoGo and it's great for air travel but I can't imagine using it for a weeklong vacation as our primary stroller. I don't know how old your child is but our is only 14 month so we have to use a stroller for extended walking, and really just around the ship to keep him out of everyone's way. We also have the Traveling Toddler attachment which is a very cheap option at $15 and just attaches to your carry-on luggage. Are you only using your car seat for the flight? Depending on the age our your child you will still need the car seat for the car ride to the port and if you take any cabs in ports I highly suggest having a car seat with you, cab drivers can almost give you a heart attack is some of these places.

Archived