Gymnasium Noise

cruisin martins

My husband and I are sailing on the Carnival Liberty in November. It looks like our cabin is under the gym. The gym hours are 7 am until 8pm so I'm not concerned about sleeping, but does anyone know if the noise from the gym is distracting during the day like if you want to rest in the afternoon?

I can't speak for the Carnival Liberty in particular, but will pass along a related story.

I sailed on the Caribbean Princess and bought a full-week pass to their Thermal Suite. Well, it seems that this area of the spa is right under... the tennis/basketball court! So I'd be sitting in the sauna or steam room, or lying on a heated lounger relaxing, and hear.... THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

So I wouldn't be too surprised if an afternoon napper heard the same thing from a gymnasium above....

The gyms on most ships have stable equipment, like treadmills, ellipticals and weight machines. The studio part of the gym may have classes (step, spinning, yoga) beginning around 8 am, and if you're under the free weight area then people may drop a weight on the floor. But it's not like you're going to be under a basketball court. I personally wouldn't worry about it too much!

Archived