Isle of Wight meet

Rum Rat

Some PandO Cruisers are staying on the Isle of Wight from June 20th to the 27th and we propose having a 'meet'

Just four of us at present, but if any others wish to join us, I can lay something on.

No accommodation, sort your own out, I can help.

Advice on transport, foot passengers recommended if you intend visiting just for the 'meet'

Very smart casual will no doubt be the rig of the day.

I have two or three things lined up depending on numbers/interest, ranging from a 'pub lunch' (which is very good we use it a lot), to a BBQ in a private 'Medievil Barn' subject to the owner's co-operation. (They are PandO and Cunard Cruisers and love an excuse for a party/get together). If this latter is used, it is set in a couple of acres of landscaped gardens and will be lovely, subject to the weather.

If interested drop me an email mike.crowe1@btinternet.com.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the invite Mike I have never been to the I of W but everybody that as finds it most charming. It always reminds them of 1950s rural England, but with out the Teddy Boy element, and the rationing of course. The 50's were my favorite era with the nylon stockings and pom pom skirts. Ofcourse the hair styes were plain as hair dye was rationed, we had to use boot polish on our hair and just hoped nobody would notice. The danceing was quiet energetic with getting thrown about the dancefloor common place But it kept you fit that and ducking the bottles that kept getting thrown.

Archived