Dining on the Ecstasy

eventfarm

I've noticed that you can request either the early or late dining times. However, that gets futher broken up into 5:45, 6:15, 8:00, 8:30 (I think).

Is there any way to request a particular time?

also, are there any tables to try to request? I understand I can visit the Maitre'd on the first day and possibly request a table.

We (party of 2) are very interested in group dining and if it has a great view, even better.

I've noticed that you can request either the early or late dining times. However, that gets futher broken up into 5:45, 6:15, 8:00, 8:30 (I think).

Is there any way to request a particular time?

also, are there any tables to try to request? I understand I can visit the Maitre'd on the first day and possibly request a table.

We (party of 2) are very interested in group dining and if it has a great view, even better.

I was on the Ecstasy two weeks ago and there are two dining times: 6:15 and 8:15. Your agent who booked your cruise requests your preferred dining time. Yes, after the 1st night of dining you can approach the Maitre'd and request a change of tables if you are not happy.

I forgot that when you first board the ship you can check out your table location. If you are not happy with the location, you can request if there are any open seats at other tables that may be of more interest to you.

I highly recommend that when you get onboard (when your cabin is ready) check the Carnival Capers to see which dining room the Maitre'D will be doing dining changes (and what time).

Go there, and check your table (size, view) and see if you like it.

You can even ask what type of people you are dining with...

The Maitre'D can actually see - it's a table full of married couples, it's a table of singles of all ages, you're at a table with a family with 5 children under the age of 6, etc.

I don't ever want to waste just one single night at a table I didn't want - or mismatched tablemates. So just doing a quick check on that first afternoon avoids all that...

It's always one of the first things I do on a cruise.

:)

I was on the Ecstasy two weeks ago and there are two dining times: 6:15 and 8:15. Your agent who booked your cruise requests your preferred dining time. Yes, after the 1st night of dining you can approach the Maitre'd and request a change of tables if you are not happy.

I thought that was just for the one dining room. The other room is seated slightly earlier.

Or do they sit both dining rooms at the same time?

On our last cruise we were at a table right by the door that the staff run in and out of and it was terribly noisy. So before they had even taken our order my huband went to the Maitre'D and asked for a change. They moved us to a very nice booth in a quiet area. Next time, I will remember to go before dinner though.

On the last cruise also, the staff told us that they had just stopped staggering the times and would only have 2 times. It did slow things down as 1/2 the cruisers were eating at a given time instead of 1/4 of them. The waitstaff wasn't overly happy about it and hoped that it would not last long that way.

Archived