Appleton Estate from Mo'Bay?

CruisinLynette

Can anyone recommend how and WHO can get us to Appleton Estate from Montego Bay? There will be anywhere from 8 to 12 of us going. Any suggestions? Thanks in Advance

You could try Marva Shaw, Peat Taylor, or any of the other tour operators that are listed throughout the Jamaica thread. They are all pretty reputable.

I am looking into this excursion as well--- anyone who has done this? Is it worth it? thx

Here is a link to a thread about the Appleton Estate Rum tour. I did this tour through Carnival. It was a fun day!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=817380

• 2 weeks later...

I would try talkofthetown tours, they are incredible. I would let them know you are in Mobay, and see if they can... She is originally from the US, Married a Jamaican, has been in Jamaica for years. We really liked her because she is full of amazing information about Jamaica... But, Appleton tour, we were expecting more... once you are in there... the tour was pretty short, certain areas were off limits... at the end of the tour, you get to sample all, and as much, of all their rum as you'd like. We bought a nice bottle of 30 + year old rum... but were dissapointed when we got to the airport, the same bottle was there... for $40 cheaper!!!! The tour lasted maybe a half an hour.... not including the movie they make you watch at the beginning... if I was in Jamaica for only a day, I would not go here personally... if anything, take a cab to Negril... seven mile beach is amazing... and you can go to any hotel bar on the beach for a drink, go snorkelling... margaritaville... lots to do there!

Archived