Wine Policy on Carnival

adakat

On Carnival's website, it states:

"...guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise..."

I would like to pack our permitted bottles of wine in our checked luggage so we do not have to lug around a heavy carry on. I've read on many posts that people get called to the "naughty room" to open their checked luggage for security when they pack bottles in their suitcase. Will we have to deal with this inconvenience if I pack our wine in the checked luggage?

On Carnival's website, it states:

"...guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise..."

I would like to pack our permitted bottles of wine in our checked luggage so we do not have to lug around a heavy carry on. I've read on many posts that people get called to the "naughty room" to open their checked luggage for security when they pack bottles in their suitcase. Will we have to deal with this inconvenience if I pack our wine in the checked luggage?

Probably not. You must have been reading about another cruise line because Carnival doesn't have a "naughty room". It is very rare that alcohol gets confiscated from checked luggage by Carnival.

adakat - You can bring the "allowed" amounts of wine, one bottle per adult, in plain sight, in a Grocery bag or in your carry-on luggage - it's not a problem. The excess amounts of wine you need to bring in your checked luggage and it most likely won't be noticed. ken

Archived