Carnival v. RCI

dcastro

Good Afternoon! Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents, for what it is worth.. First of all I love Vacation and If I am cruising I love it even more!! I have been on 2 RCI - (Nortic Empress & Jewel of Seas) and 1 CCL (Mircale & so the Victory) and leaving next week for another CCL... We have never stayed in a suite , but alway do Balcony rooms. So this is what I have to compare.. My first cruise was RCI Nortic Empress - It was more than wonderful had a great time - Then Cruise CCL Mircale yet again great but not as nice of a ship, but the ship workers were wonderful, the bedding was much better, the room was bigger and all the goodies in the room were awesome, and everyone was aways cleaning something.. Then to the Jewel... I took my mom this time and was so excited, I was expecting all the Bells & Whistle & was quite disappointed...The food was not so good in the dinning room we ended up paying extra to eat at the speciality rest. every night- which were awesome by the way.. but that is what I excepted from a cruise in the main dinning area. The staff was not so friendly.. Every time was spoke to someone it was how is your day.. I would say "GREAT" they would say.. Well mine will be in about 2 hrs when I get off the clock. Not just one of them but everybody we talked to felt like that.. The tables in the Windjammer were always dirty you could never find a clean table.. We had to clean our owm most of the time.. It was a Beautiful ship was just lacking that personal touch.. I could not wait to get home and book on carnival again... SO the VICTORY here I come, I am sure you won't let me down!!! I am not complaining, just comparing.. Nothing is every a waste on a CRUISE VACATION!! & I just love the MONKEYHEAD DRINKS!! Now I am a member of the MonkeyHead Wasters CLUB!! LOL... CARNIVAL TAKE ME AWAY!!

Good Afternoon! Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents, for what it is worth.. First of all I love Vacation and If I am cruising I love it even more!! I have been on 2 RCI - (Nortic Empress & Jewel of Seas) and 1 CCL (Mircale & so the Victory) and leaving next week for another CCL... We have never stayed in a suite , but alway do Balcony rooms. So this is what I have to compare.. My first cruise was RCI Nortic Empress - It was more than wonderful had a great time - Then Cruise CCL Mircale yet again great but not as nice of a ship, but the ship workers were wonderful, the bedding was much better, the room was bigger and all the goodies in the room were awesome, and everyone was aways cleaning something.. Then to the Jewel... I took my mom this time and was so excited, I was expecting all the Bells & Whistle & was quite disappointed...The food was not so good in the dinning room we ended up paying extra to eat at the speciality rest. every night- which were awesome by the way.. but that is what I excepted from a cruise in the main dinning area. The staff was not so friendly.. Every time was spoke to someone it was how is your day.. I would say "GREAT" they would say.. Well mine will be in about 2 hrs when I get off the clock. Not just one of them but everybody we talked to felt like that.. The tables in the Windjammer were always dirty you could never find a clean table.. We had to clean our owm most of the time.. It was a Beautiful ship was just lacking that personal touch.. I could not wait to get home and book on carnival again... SO the VICTORY here I come, I am sure you won't let me down!!! I am not complaining, just comparing.. Nothing is every a waste on a CRUISE VACATION!! & I just love the MONKEYHEAD DRINKS!! Now I am a member of the MonkeyHead Wasters CLUB!! LOL... CARNIVAL TAKE ME AWAY!!

Wow. When I was on the Jewel in Feb of 2006, we had a wonderful time and the staff was among the best I have had. It is my favorite ship so far due to the look of the ship and the staff. It is funny how different it can be each sailing or even from someone else's perspective. Hmmm, I wonder if it was due to all the drinks we had?? :rolleyes:

Aleece

Archived