Questions about Norwegian Majesty-I need answers quick please!

Fruitloopz

We were on the Majesty for a 7-day Western Caribbean, and I wrote a review. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=36573

As you can see by my signature, I'm an equal opportunity cruiser, my only allegiance is to the itinerary and the port of embarkation. But that having been said, I really love the Majesty and hope to cruise with her once more before she leaves the fleet.

Have a great cruise!

Not to hijack this thread but I'm in an AB in June and and hoping for an upsell to an AA. However, it looks like there are only 2 AA's on the Majesty by the deck plan. If that's the case, the chance of an upsell is probablly pretty small.

CG

We booked a AA on deck 9? Hope it is big enough.

We were also on deck 9 in April, first Bermuda sailing of the year, although in an ocean view, not a suite. The suites are beautiful and spacious (doors were open on disembakation day). And if you have 4 passengers, the price is more reasonable, too. You'll be close to the pasta cafe (same deck forward) and the buffet, up one deck.

Her ride was smooth (some people complained of course). Although she is smaller than Galaxy, as has been mentioned, she is still a large sea worthy vessel!

Be sure to look at the day's menus which are posted outside each restaurant, so you can decide ahead of time where you want to eat each night. This is not Celebrity as far as food goes (my favorite line) but if you choose well, you'll eat well. Ask your server what is best that night.

Read my review from April for more particulars.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=41444

Do have fun!

Actually I will be getting a massage first thing. We both will we purchased a lovely anniversary package. I feel so much better and wow i am just so surprised at the photos of the room! I did not imagine the room would look so nice as it does. WOW now I am really hyped! Thanks for sharing this with me.:)

Fruitloopz,

We were in 901 a couple of years ago. It's not as big as the AA's on the Dawn and the Gem, but we had more than enough room. While we didn't have a butler, the concierge was very attentive since it's a small ship and she didn't have as many suite passengers as the larger ships. She/he will make your dinner reservations for you if you want. You can make them for the entire week or just one or two at a time. They will also make spa appointments for you, get your tender tickets, etc. They are not included in the tip pool and should be tipped separately at the end of the cruise, depending on how much you use their services.

The crew and staff were among the friendliest I can remember!!!

You should also get 3 bottles of your choice of liquor free and goodies delivered by room service every afternoon. You can ask for mixers and they will bring them. I believe they're still giving the liquor to the AA's, but I did read that they stopped for a time during the spring/summer.

You will receive some perks being in the AA. You'll be invited to the Captain's VIP cocktail party, have a bottle of champagne chilling for sailaway or whenever you want it, priority embarkation and disembarkation, priority tendering, great bed linens and robes, a full room service breakfast menu, free bottled Evian and sodas, flowers, a fruit basket, and more that I can't remember right now.

There are some pics in my webshots album of 901 if you want to check them out. There are menus too, but they're outdated now.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/551976399UCSCSq

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

You're going to have a great time!!! :D

Jackie

When i looked at the photo's that were shared...I was so excited but then I thought something is not quite right here, I know there is no way we have such a nice set up so I went back and looked at the tickets it is EE not AA why i thought AA i have no clue...but with that now said and done any input on the EE Superior Ocean View Rooms? Also once again thank you for sharing it is helping me alot.

Also is there a formal night at all? or is it just if you want to dress up ..dress up?

When i looked at the photo's that were shared...I was so excited but then I thought something is not quite right here, I know there is no way we have such a nice set up so I went back and looked at the tickets it is EE not AA why i thought AA i have no clue...but with that now said and done any input on the EE Superior Ocean View Rooms? Also once again thank you for sharing it is helping me alot.

Also is there a formal night at all? or is it just if you want to dress up ..dress up?

You'll still have a great time!!!

Sorry, I don't know anything about the EE rooms except they're bigger than the regular oceanview rooms.

Yes, it is just dress up if you want, which is always fun.

Enjoy the Majesty!!! Wish we were going on her again.

Jackie

have sailed her 12 times from inside to outside... i'd sail her another 12 times.. nuff said. take a chill pill, get a massage and drain the brain... it's time to have a good time... it will up to you to make that happen...

smooth sailin and happy 25th... yeah i'm a Majesty lover... so what?

Weary

Well I'm so glad you found this out now. It'd really blow to walk in your cabin and not get what you expected in the AA. EE is a Superior Ocean View, like you said. They're the biggest non-suite cabins available. We have stayed in one and it was ample. What deck are you on? Actually, what cabin do you have? Maybe I can find a picture online. You'll be able to see that type of cabin on the link I provided yesterday from Radio. Look for the picture labeled CC.. it's the same size and setup.

There's not really a formal night, but you can take a more dressier outfit if you want, but it's not required.

Here's some Information on your cabin:

On Decks: Norway, Majesty, Biscayne, Caribbean, Promenade, Viking

Two lower beds or double bed, picture window, hairdryer, shower, TV, refrigerator.

(Cat. EE staterooms have partially obstructed views.)

Average size: 145 Sq.Ft.

Yes indeed I will follow your strict orders...in the aforementioned order!

LOL I am getting so excited now! I need this so badly without going in to great details about ourselves...we have seen war for six years now...both my and our Son have served between the both of them four tours over in Iraq and Afganastan...thus far...I had my Father whom lived with us pass away in my arms last six days after coming home from a 64 day ICU stay with our beautiful 23 year old daughter who has a advance case of crohn's diease and had 9 feet of her stomach removed...the contracted spetic posioning that shut down all her organs...so yes indeed. I WILL FOLLOW YOUR ADVICE TO A T and have my mind set on SMOOOOOOOOOTH SAILING!

my Dad did not pass six days ago it was year ago six days after daughter came home from hospital...sorry about typos in that one.

Sorry about all your tribulations.:(

Also our room is 9 level number 930

But good news on your cabin....it's a quad so it should be slightly larger than the other superior OV cabins.:)

OP: NCL is our favorite cruiseline. We only will cruise on other lines IF NCL does not offer the itinerary we want.

We are booked on the Majesty because we want to get on her before she leaves the fleet (:(). We love the smaller ships and are really looking forward to our 6-day Bermuda out of Charleston.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE! We think you will love NCL ...

~Bill & Dianne

I truly mean that, I feel so much better about things and I am rip roaring to go!

That's the spirit! Have a wonderful trip and be sure to report back to us when you return home. I'm booked on the Majesty in June so want all the info I can get! :D

CG

I truly mean that, I feel so much better about things and I am rip roaring to go!

Go out and buy a few new things and get packing!

Leave all your troubles behind and have the time of your life!

Try the crepes made to order for breakfast by the pool if they still have them.

Have a wonderful cruise and a very happy anniversary!! :D

Jackie

Well we contacted the medical crew on the ship per the ships orders, because I have a rare autoimmune disorder something like lupus that does sometimes require special treatment such as a bag or two of fluids to rehydrate me, we told the ships medical team via email my condition and what needs to be done if this occurs. Well they just emailed me back and stated I needed to go see my Doctor who treats me for this and have him fax this list of stuff back to them. Here is the problem my Doctor who treats me for this is one of the top neurologist in the country and he is never around these parts except when he lines everyone up for their check ups every three months. So I will call his nurse on Monday and see what I can get going here....if not him then I will go to my regular Doctor and have him do it ..which I am sure he will fax them all the information they want to know. I am kind of fearful that the ship will not let me go now because it is such a rare autoimmune disorder and I am hoping that will not be the case. I mean I take my medications faithfully and I do what I am told to do as far as always taking in extra water and fluids but sometimes in hotter weather I do run into some problems with becoming dehydrated and need the extra fluid because I become extremely dizzy and faint and rapid heart rate and vomiting and such, but the second they get a IV in me and open it up to drip fast...it only takes a small amount of time to turn things back around plus give me a little sugar be it candy or ginger ale. I SURE HOPE THEY DO NOT TAKE THIS TRIP FROM ME OR TURN ME AWAY I would be heart broken now that I have gotten over my fears of the cruise and the ship and the rotten reviews others have written.

Has anyone else had to do this also? Have their Doctor's fax your medical history and such? :eek:

No, I've never had to do this, but better to have the orders from one of your doctors so they know exactly what needs to be done. I don't think they will tell you that you can't go, but probably want to cover all bases in case you do need medical help. I'm sure your neurologist's nurse will have access to any info they need, and if not you can ask your regular doc to fax the instructions.

Can you drink Gatorade to help replenish the fluids and minerals? I've seen it in individual packets that you put in a water bottle. You can bring your own water on board too or a small, closed canister of powdered Gatorade. If it's too hot, stay on the ship in the A/C instead of getting overheated and risk the chance of dehydration, but I'm sure you know all of that already.

The average November temp in the Bahamas is 75, and I'm guessing around the same or cooler in Port Canaveral, so it shouldn't be too hot.

Good luck...

My Bro-in-law was a terminal pancreatic cancer patient under going clinical trials and needed blood tests and other monitoring done while on the cruise and i can tell you honestly that he felt he was treated as well as in the boston hospitals.. it required the front desk faxing results and other counts done aboard (i didnt think they could handle it but they did!) maybe a different thing altogether than what you are facing but nonetheless, the attention and professionalism was top notch and handled with all courtesy you could wish for. Go with confidence!

Weary T

had a look at the canapes and old pics of yours... chuckled over the old band pics... Terry looked like he was holding an old Jack's Drum Shoppe guitar called the Blackjack. i had the six string version.. orange in color.. unmistakeable chock block on the top of the neck... lol... i played the old Rexacana, Surf Nantasket and the CYO circuits way back then.. and wore the old Tom Jones shirts as well.. nice pics.. (ps i think we sailed together on the Majesty once or twice)

Weary T

Hey Weary,

Glad you enjoyed those old pics!!! :eek: We started dating back then and I can tell you he plays much better now... ha ha... He's doing some work at my Mom's and I had to call him to ask if he got the guitar at Jack's. I know he used to go there a lot, but he said he didn't get it there. It was an old Epiphone, and the one before that was a Dane Electro. Blasts from the past, huh!

His tastes have changed and I bought him a used Martin J-65 maple jumbo for his 40th, and a Brian Moore C-90 for his 50th and a Taylor T5 for his 55th. This is getting pretty expensive. Wish his passion was horseshoes.. ;)

Funny, he plays with guys out of Plymouth, right next door to you. I think they're playing at the Black Raspberry Pub on Nov. 15th. They're really nice people and all having a great time, especially for a bunch of old rock and rollers.

You can check out their website if you want. The sound isn't great, but you might get a kick out of it. You can change or mute the music on the bottom of the page. I think he sings Brown Sugar. The website is still fairly new.

http://www.thefabulousknuckleheads.com/

The only Majesty cruise we were on was June 2006. We loved it. He took his guitar and does on all of our cruises.

Do you still play? Bet you had a great time playing at those places.

Jackie

Archived