Grand Suite questions

I am considering paying for an upgrade from a JS to a Grand. Right now, I am in an aft JS which appears to be able to hold lounge chairs on the verandah in addition to the regular chairs. Would this also be true of the verandah in a grand suite or is it simply a longer verandah with regular chairs and a table? Also, I was told that the GS can hold up to 5 people. So besides the queen bed (two twins pushed together) and the sofa bed, where would the extra bed be?

We had a GS on the Mariner a couple of weeks ago, The sofabed is a double. They can put a rollaway inbetween the closet and bar at night amd stow it in the closet during the day. That is what we did. We had four people in there, two adults and two teens. It was very roomy.

We had two chairs, a table and a lounge chair on our verandah, again very nice.

Sea Princess 2/02
DisneyWonder 6/03
Mariner of the Seas 4/04
Golden Princess 1/23/05

Why would you give up an aft suite? That's the best place on the boat. No wind, quiet, and shady. I would give up the room, save the money, and stay in an aft suite or balcony any day. Count yourself lucky on your room assignment.

Ashley,

Just curious, how much do they want for the upgrade? We are going to try to do the same thing on the voyager. Go for the upgrade- trust me- the room is awesome and the perks that go with it such as access to the conciege lounge and priority embarkation are well worth it. These are great conveniences. The room is great the the rollaway works wonderfully. You won't be sorry!

Andreakul

Grandeur 3/13/2004
Navigator 7/5/2003
Explorer 7/5/2002
Infinity 7/20/2001
Norway- Millenium Cruise 2000

You could do 5 in a GS by sleeping two on the sofa bed, two on the queen(or 2 twin beds) and 1 on the rollaway. I wouldn't recommend it for 5 adult size individuals, maybe a family with small kids.

Sea Princess 2/02
DisneyWonder 6/03
Mariner of the Seas 4/04
Golden Princess 1/23/05

Does that mean that you CAN'T put a rollaway in the JS? I tried to ask how much the upgrade would be when I talked to the RCCL worker but she said I had to get that information from the TA that I am working with. Unfortunately my TA isn't open on weekends so I will have to find out tomorrow.

Ashley,
We are in the same situation that you are in. We have room 1394 for the Dec 26 cruise on the Mariner. We also have 2 childen a son that will be 12 and daughter that will be 7. We have also considered upgrading. But after reading so many reviews about aft cabins we are staying in 1394. I have read that a roll away will fit in a JS. I think the experience of the aft cabin will be worth the cramped sleeping arrangements. Many cruisers feel that 1394 and your cabin our some of the best cabins on the ship. Several post say once you do aft you will never go back. I can not wait to hear what you decide.

Ashley - First of all, I DO think there is room for a rollaway in the JS and plenty of room in the closet to stow it. However, if I had an unlimited budget, I would try for a GS. I do not think there is one available at this time though. I checked two sites and didn't see any come up. Your TA may be able to find something or put you on a list for one.

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=1913020557&r=1913020557#1913020557"]Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img][/url]
[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=4933032747&r=9113028567#9113028567"]or HERE! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img][/url]

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Archived