Hurricane near Mexico and Grand Cayman

mbrock800

It doesnt appear that it will affect Cozumel...its expected to turn northeast, but they can change direction.

Whatever happens, Carnival will change the itinerary to ensure your safety and you may/may not get a small (like $20) OBC for a missed port. Just be prepared for that.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/hurricanecentral/2008/paloma.html?from=hp_news

Sorry, there really isn't a way to predict. I can only promise they will keep the ship out of harm's way. I've missed numerous ports over the years due to storms. It's just part of cruising. Where ever you go, I hope you have a fabulous cruise. I LOVE the Inspiration and wish I were cruising with you!

This will be my first carnival cruise and I am looking forward to it. I have only sailed with RCCL and Princess in the past. Since we will be taking our three young children, we decided to give Carnival a try because of the price and the kids' programs

This will be my first carnival cruise and I am looking forward to it. I have only sailed with RCCL and Princess in the past. Since we will be taking our three young children, we decided to give Carnival a try because of the price and the kids' programs

I hope you have a great time on your first Carnival cruise!! :D Whatever happens with the weather, you'll have a great time!

We booked for Nov 8th next year. Thought I'd miss out on hurricane season. I assured everyone in our group that hurricane season was over by then. Oops

The "Official" hurricane season is JUNE 1 through NOVEMBER 30. But there have been hurricanes as late as Feb. and as early as Apr. 6/1 thru 11/30 is normal season because that is when the Caribbean waters are normally at 80 degrees or higher. That warm water is where a hurricane gets its energy. When the water is 79 or less, hurricanes simply cannot 'power up.'

Just a couple of years ago they used all of the alpha names set aside for 'cane names that year and had to start using the Greek letters, Alpha, Beta, etc. I think they were up to Epsilon for the last storm near the end of Jan.

But, 2 things,

1. the ship will sail around/away from a hurricane. and,

2. the water and wind is normally FLAT CALM after a hurricane has passed. [The hurricane takes all the energy out of the atmosphere/sea, as it passes.]

Dan

The "Official" hurricane season is JUNE 1 through NOVEMBER 30. But there have been hurricanes as late as Feb. and as early as Apr. 6/1 thru 11/30 is normal season because that is when the Caribbean waters are normally at 80 degrees or higher. That warm water is where a hurricane gets its energy. When the water is 79 or less, hurricanes simply cannot 'power up.'

Just a couple of years ago they used all of the alpha names set aside for 'cane names that year and had to start using the Greek letters, Alpha, Beta, etc. I think they were up to Epsilon for the last storm near the end of Jan.

But, 2 things,

1. the ship will sail around/away from a hurricane. and,

2. the water and wind is normally FLAT CALM after a hurricane has passed. [The hurricane takes all the energy out of the atmosphere/sea, as it passes.]

Dan

Flat and calm, sounds like what i will be next week on the liberty after a few buckets of ML:o

Archived