Discover SCUBA excursion

cruise356

I've never done discover scuba with a cruiseline, but all PADI discover scuba classes are basically the same. They teach you enough to be safe & comfortable in the water, and then take you for a relatively shallow dive with close supervision. If you have never been diving, I highly recommend it. You can get more info here: http://www.padi.com

Remember that diving is a dangerous sport. I am sure that all the cruiselines use reputable dive shops, and I would suggest that you use the cruiseline's operator and not someone standing on a pier with a sign that says "Learn to scuba"!

I've done the cruiseline's Discover Scuba program and an independant tour as well.

The price for the independant was obviously less, and I got one more tank from it as well. There was definitely less "learning" on the independant, but nevertheless not once did I feel unsafe.

The cruiseline dive was quick and didn't really go to any interesting spots, where as the independant brought us out to 2 different interesting dive spots on their boat.

The cruiseline only took us down 20ft, but we went down to 40ft on the independant (which was probably deeper than what we should have went considering we were not certified, but the guide was with my friend and I the entire time).

Archived