Holiday Inn Resort in Galveston Shuttle

frodozz

I need some help regarding transportation to the Carnival Cruise Terminal. We usually stay at the Harbor House, use their cruise parking and just walk to the terminal with our luggage. Since the Harbor House will not be taking guest till next year I reserved a room at the Holiday Inn Resort in Galveston for our upcoming Ecstasy cruise. Can anyone tell me about the shuttle service. What time does it usually leave to go to the terminal and how long did it take to get back to the hotel after the cruise. What about using a cab to get to the terminal. What is the cost for the cab ride and how hard is it to get a cab back to the hotel after the cruise. Thanks for the help.

Hi there. I live in Galveston, so I can answer a few questions for you. The cruise terminal is only at most a mile or 2 from your hotel, so a cab ride should be pretty reasonable and shouldn't take too long. I've never taken their shuttle since I live here, but I'm sure you could call the hotel and ask them. I'm sure they get a lot of cruise travelers. Good luck and have fun on your cruise!

I cant tell you anything about the shuttle, but as far as the cab goes, we've done that the last two cruises out of galveston....it seems like it cost about $15 or so for two people ( not counting tip )...and there isnt a problem getting one when you get off the boat as they seem to be lined up waiting....we are also staying at the Holiday Inn there in Dec for the Ectasy cruise, and I was wondering the same thing about the shuttle...if it wont leave early enough to suit me, we'll just take a cab :)

I love the Holiday Inn and its shuttle. When we were there in December they had several times, the first was at 10:30 and they ran hourly until 2:30, I think. We were on the first shuttle. It took a very few minutes to get from hotel to terminal. We had VIP embarkation and we were on board Conquest at 11:38.

The driver gave us a business card with their phone number and we were to call when we got back to port. After our wet luggage problem someone at Carnival called for us and the shuttle arrived seconds after we (and our luggage) walked outside the terminal building.

We have reservations for January at the Holiday Inn again and plan to park and shuttle then, too.

I love the Holiday Inn and its shuttle. When we were there in December they had several times, the first was at 10:30 and they ran hourly until 2:30, I think. We were on the first shuttle. It took a very few minutes to get from hotel to terminal. We had VIP embarkation and we were on board Conquest at 11:38.

The driver gave us a business card with their phone number and we were to call when we got back to port. After our wet luggage problem someone at Carnival called for us and the shuttle arrived seconds after we (and our luggage) walked outside the terminal building.

We have reservations for January at the Holiday Inn again and plan to park and shuttle then, too.

Thanks for the info....I was hoping they had a shuttle leaving around that time...What did you think of the hotel in general??? :)

Archived