Sheraton Yankee Clipper or Sheraton Suites?

cruizn2escape

I know I am probably comparing apples to oranges:rolleyes: but would like to know the pros and cons for staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper vs Sheraton Suites in Plantation. I realize the Clipper is close to the beach and the Sheraton Suites are not, but other than that what can you tell me about these 2 properties. Thanks in advance for your help.

I know I am probably comparing apples to oranges:rolleyes: but would like to know the pros and cons for staying at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper vs Sheraton Suites in Plantation. I realize the Clipper is close to the beach and the Sheraton Suites are not, but other than that what can you tell me about these 2 properties. Thanks in advance for your help.

I've never stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Plantation, so I can't help you out there. I have, however, stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, and can tell you it's a very, very nice hotel. There is a Shula's restaurant on site which is absolutely delicious as well. Hotel is close to other restaurants within walking distance, so this should be a good location for you.

Hope it works out for you!

I've never stayed at the Sheraton Suites in Plantation, so I can't help you out there. I have, however, stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper, and can tell you it's a very, very nice hotel. There is a Shula's restaurant on site which is absolutely delicious as well. Hotel is close to other restaurants within walking distance, so this should be a good location for you.

Hope it works out for you!

The Sheraton Yankee Trader is the hotel with Shulas restaurant on site , not the Sheraton Yankee Clipper. The Yankee Trader has been closed for remodeling since June also. We have stayed at the Yankee Clipper both pre and post cruises. The Sun Trolley stops in front of hotel and the Water Taxi stop is a very short walk up the street. We havent stayed at the Sheraton Suites but have enjoyed our stays at the Yankee Clipper.

In a nutshell, one is in Fort Lauderdale, on the beach and close to a lot of good restaurants nice places to walk, etc. The other is inland and well, you can tell which I would pick. I remember staying in Plantation once, might have been this property, but I pretty much said never again, it just isn't where we want to be.:)

Archived