Took OBC instead of Upgrade

jus4fun

I am cruising out on 11/23. There have been several price drops. I called for a 3rd OBC and after several considerable conversations with many persons I was offerred an additional OBC of $180.00 or an upgrade at the expense of $130.00 of my current OBC. I currently have an OV and the upgrade would have been a Balcony. What can I say, greed took over, I took the OBC. I now have an OBC of $580.00!!! Not sure if I made the best deal, but I think I did good.

I am cruising out on 11/23. There have been several price drops. I called for a 3rd OBC and after several considerable conversations with many persons I was offerred an additional OBC of $180.00 or an upgrade at the expense of $130.00 of my current OBC. I currently have an OV and the upgrade would have been a Balcony. What can I say, greed took over, I took the OBC. I now have an OBC of $580.00!!! Not sure if I made the best deal, but I think I did good.

No out of pocket money to be upgraded to balcony:confused:

No, there would have been no out of pocket money to upgrade to a balcony. I had a $400.00 OBC and CC would have reduced it to $270 for the upgrade or give me an additional $180.00 OBC. I did have one additional factor to consider - the current OV has a sleeper sofa for my 15 yr old, 225+ lb DGS. The only available balcony had an upper. I probably should have taken the balcony, who knows?

Gotta say... I would have opted for the balcony and a little less OBC.... he would have been fine in the upper and it would not interfere with the walking path at night as a sofa bed may have. But if you are happy... thats all that matters. :cool: Have a GREAT CRUISE and cross your fingers that when your stateroom is assigned, it will be a BALCONY !!!!

Archived