Anyone back from the Fantasy today 11/9/08?

romans.nine

We leave on the Fantasy on Nov 24, 2008 and were wondering if the sewer smell has abated any since the previous cruises last month. Also if you have the Capers, a peek would be nice! Did the ship leave N.O. on time? Which terminal did you guys leave from Julia St? Our first trip with a cat12 and we are excited and a little nervous as it has been 15 years since our last cruise! Thanks in advance!

We leave on the Fantasy on Nov 24, 2008 and were wondering if the sewer smell has abated any since the previous cruises last month. Also if you have the Capers, a peek would be nice! Did the ship leave N.O. on time? Which terminal did you guys leave from Julia St? Our first trip with a cat12 and we are excited and a little nervous as it has been 15 years since our last cruise! Thanks in advance!

Rowan and Jetskier got off the Fantasy on Thursday. Sadly there was still a report of "the smell" on Riveria and Main and some on Upper closest to the front.

We were on Upper (all the way to the back) last month and did not notice anything.

Hopefully your Cat 12 will be far enough away as to not be affected.

You will leave from Erato Terminal (which is right next to Julia)...they use the same parking garage.

Just don't be surprised if you can't see the ship until you get AROUND the Convention Center. That big ole thing blocks everything!!!

Have a great time!!

Our stateroom was Empress Aft, where we were unaffected by the stench. However, we were constantly reminded of it anytime we ventured to the midship & forward areas of the center atrium (on our way to dinner at the Celebration dining room, a show at the Universe lounge, stairwells to the gangway, etc).

Personally, we do not understand why Carnival is allowing the Fantasy to sail without correcting this matter. Of course it all boils down to money and not disappointing those already booked, but subjecting passengers - and employees - to this week after week without any compensation is pretty sad.

Despite our opinion, we're still glad we cruised. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship, but it was the folks we cruised with who made our voyage worthwhile!

I'm getting nervous as we're on the Empress Deck, Starboard side right at the front of the ship. Hopefully they will fix this prior to our January sailing but I'm not sure given how many others have had to endure the "smell".

We were on the Nov. 1 sailing and the smell is definitely still there! We were midship Main and the smell was overwhelming in the hallways and near the elevators. We didn't smell it in our room thank God.

All in all we were VERY happy with the ship. The staff was amazing and the food was incredible as well.

Our main complaints were the sewer smell and debarkation. It seems that only the last couple of groups called off of the ship had a problem with debarkation. My family was in group 7 and walked right off. My husband and I were in group 20 and it took FOREVER. Our group was called off at 10:10 a.m. and I even commented that it wasn't bad at all. BUT...we had no idea it would take 2.5 hours of waiting in line to pick up our luggage and then go through customs. I have no idea why it was so backed up....but I have NEVER experienced this before.

We're going on the Fantasy as well on the 24th! We were on the Fantasy years ago when it was in Canaveral, and are hoping all the waterworks stuff is working! I hadnt read about the smell before, I hope it isnt in the room, I dont care about hallways so much...

We are also booked on the Fantasy for 11/24. Group of 9 of us going and were on the Riviera Deck. Looks like we may be in for some smells but will make the best of it. 2nd cruise and also 2nd on Fantasy. We sailed on her back in july 2006 and loved every minute of it. Doesnt take alot to please this group. Were just glad to be all together and spending Thanksgiving in Cozumel :). Smooth Sailing.

Archived