Lolos in Grand Case

ZigNKat

We'll be spending a day in December, and having been to the island before and done the tours, we want to just sit on a beach and have some good food.

We're settled on Grand Case for the beach and because of the Lolos, our favorite type of food, local and "street"!

From reading the various posts, I'm concerned about taking a taxi to Grand Case; I've read there aren't a lot of taxies in the area that we could use to get back. What would be the best and safest thing for us to do?

Thanks for any input!

Happy Cruising!

We have been to the Lolo's at Grand Case several times. Talk-of-the-Town is my favorite. Fried plantains, great ribs, grilled chicken, fish and lobsters. There are large "oil" barrels cut the long way that are often used as grills. You can watch you food being prepared. I love seeing all the meats laid out on the grill, especially the spiney lobsters. Make sure you try a Johnny Cake(bread).

There are 4 Lolo's right there together. It is sort of like a square with a walk-way cut down the middle and each lolo has their own spot. The 2 at the back are on the water way with nice views. The 2 at front has views and happening on "main drag". One of the lolos at the back is the "Rib Shack". Have not eaten there but heard only good things about them.

I don't think that you will have a problem getting a taxi back to port because the main street is full of stores and restuarant and if you don't see one someone will call one for you I am sure. Hope this helps.

Archived