What drinks are available free in the dining room?

OntarioTraveller

Hello everyone,

This website has been so helpful!

We leave in a week.

Which drinks besides tap water and ice tea can you order free in the dining room.

Chocolate milk? Tea, coffee? any juices?

Another related question......

What about with a soda card, what can you order in the bars or dining room besides soda?

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone,

We leave in a week.

Which drinks besides tap water and ice tea can you order free in the dining room.

What about with a soda card, what can you order in the bars or dining room besides soda?

Thanks in advance!

As for free beverages in the dining room, you have the following choices also, they are listed on the desert menu.

Coffee, Tea, Iced Tea, Milk, chocolate Milk, cappuchino, expresso, Lemonade. all other juices are from the bar, as is soft drinks.

Hello everyone,

We leave in a week.

Thanks in advance!

All that you mentioned is free in the dining room.....except soda.

I think you already know this, but bottled water in the dining room won't be free. The ship's water on the Fascination in October 2008 tasted fine. The desalinization equipment on cruise ships is better than what can be found in many third-world countries.

Hubby's favorite was always hot chocolate with breakfast. I can't remember if it was NCL or Celebrity that made it with hot milk versus water, but that's always one thing he looks forward to on a cruise. (Those little things!!) Bummer it's not on the dining room list above with Carnival. Guess we could maybe ask for hot milk and bring our own packets from home so hubby's not disappointed. ;)

I tried the hot chocolate once in the dining room for b'fast. I thought it was nice and rich, not watery. Why would you think it was 'instant' hot chocolate?

The espresso and cappuccino are available, at no charge, at all three meals each day in the dining room.

Hubby's favorite was always hot chocolate with breakfast. I can't remember if it was NCL or Celebrity that made it with hot milk versus water, but that's always one thing he looks forward to on a cruise. (Those little things!!) Bummer it's not on the dining room list above with Carnival. Guess we could maybe ask for hot milk and bring our own packets from home so hubby's not disappointed. ;)

Hot chocolate is available in the dining room, but it is made with water. Just ask for some coffee creamer and mix it in the HC.

I tried the hot chocolate once in the dining room for b'fast. I thought it was nice and rich, not watery. Why would you think it was 'instant' hot chocolate?

The espresso and cappuccino are available, at no charge, at all three meals each day in the dining room.

I never implied it was instant on NCL or Celebrity, and have yet to cruise Carnival. I had just read the posts above and hot chocolate was never mentioned... which is why I figured I would bring packets to make our own if Carnival does not offer hot chocolate. Bringing it from home with packets if not offered would make it instant then (of course). That is great that whichever ship you tried it on it was nice and rich. :)

Next poster did add that it was available in dining room... which was not included in original lists at start of thread prior to my posting.

Hot chocolate on a cruise is just one of mine and hubby's little "traditions". Hence my question. But again, I never implied in my post it was "instant" on Carnival since I have yet to take my cruise. Just asked if Carnival serves it since it was not listed at the start of the thread in the list and commented on how it was really good on either NCL or Celebrity on prior cruises.

Hello everyone,

We leave in a week.

Thanks in advance!

In the dining room you could order hot tea, hot coffee, iced tea, juices, cappiccino. Carnival is the only line I've been on that has cappiccino in the dining room with no extra charge.

In the dining room you could order hot tea, hot coffee, iced tea, juices, cappiccino. Carnival is the only line I've been on that has cappiccino in the dining room with no extra charge.

Yes - see my post #7 above. The espresso is very rich and strong, as espresso should be. The cappuccinos are as good as Starbucks. I've been disappointed on other lines that I had to pay dearly for either in the dining room. Bummer.:)

I appreciate this thread..

We're not exactly health food nuts, but the last thing we need is more caffeine and sugar while over-eating for a week! :D

When we travel, we usually have a bottle of water with us that we refill. That's probably what we'll do on the ship - though lemonade sounds good too, especially if its free in all of the bars (is it?). Of course no cruise is complete without a few exotic drinks.

I'm assuming they serve tap water everywhere on the ship.

In South America (everywhere but Colombia), we lived off mineral water - but things are cheap there.

Do others "walk around" with their bottle of water? I can't see paying $2 per drink - we drink liquids all day as we're used to living in a place with hot weather. We did the Coke Card on our last cruise, but my metabolism has changed since 3 years ago. Sure, its worth it if you drink a few a day.

Flying in 2 weeks..

I'm pretty sure they served free cappaccinos in the main dining rooms when we went on NCL GEM last year -- ? They also had (free) self-serve cappaccino/latte machines in the buffet area during meal times.

My last RCCL cruise was two years ago, so they certainly may have changed things since then. :)

Archived