RC childcare - Serenade of the Seas

Jaymers

Hello everyone, I will be going on a Christmas cruise this year with my baby that will be two weeks shy of 1 year old. Will I be able to take advantage of the in cabin babysitting or are they very strict that they have to be over 1? Also, what time does this service end?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

Hi, I was on RCI Splendour for a 5-day Mexican Riviera cruise and we had in-cabin babysitting (nearly every night!) for our then 3.5-year-old and 18-month-old. I can't of course say for certain, but I imagine that you could just say "for my one-year-old baby" when you are booking the service. The cruise line may officially have your baby's birthdate in some database, but the people manning the phones (and/or the babysitter coming to your cabin) are not going to be checking passports or anything. It seemed pretty laid-back.

We LOVED the service, btw. We had a wonderful, affectionate, serene grandmother from Jamaica (who didn't mind two screaming, dessert-filled boys) and we promptly booked her for every night of the cruise (we were travelling with a group of 29 friends ... so we had to go out even when we didn't want to!). The official cut-off time is 2am, but she was happy to stay later if she didn't have a shift right after ( a few times, she did ... they work SO hard on these ships). The price was so reasonable that we made sure that her tip pretty much matched the actual per-hour fee.

Good luck and happy cruising.

Hello everyone, I will be going on a Christmas cruise this year with my baby that will be two weeks shy of 1 year old. Will I be able to take advantage of the in cabin babysitting or are they very strict that they have to be over 1? Also, what time does this service end?

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

As long as you dont say anything about your baby only being 11.5 months old, I think you will be fine. Just stick with the "babysitting for my 1 year old" line. Even if they ask specifically if the child is older than 12 months, just say yes (what are they going to do, make you walk the gangplank if they find out you lied?)

I am fairly sure that the people whom do the babysitting reservations do NOT have access to the birth dates of the people in your room.

I don't know what "time" the service ends. We usually went and booked it immediately after getting on board. We would book it for 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm every night so that we could have a before dinner drink, dinnner, and then take a walk if we wanted. Sometimes we went back to the room early. We always paid for the full 3 hours tho.

I dont think a midnight or 1 am ending time is unreasonable... you will just have to ask.

Archived