Galveston, TX Holiday Inn

seafood

There are two Holiday Inns in Galveston, both on Seawall Blvd. One is Holiday Inn Galveston Beach, 1702 Seawall, and the other one is Holiday Inn Galveston on the Beach, 5002 Seawall.

Has anyone stayed at either or can tell me what is the difference in the properties, i.e., is one nicer than the other? Are there restaurants nearby, especially for seafood :). The stay would be for a one night pre-cruise stay.

Thank you for any and all responses.

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree in Galveston. It is a lot smaller than the other Holiday Inn. It was very nice to me, it did have a restaurant. There were several restaurants nearby on Seawall, not so sure now. I would stay there again.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach - the one next to the San Luis - last December. Have reservations for January. It was not grand but not bad either; it was fine for us. The staff was wonderful and so helpful and cheery.

We leave the car there and let them shuttle us back and forth, too.

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed at both Holiday Inns, and have to say prefer the one next to San Luis as it has a restaurant that is open all day, so if you just want coffee etc., you don't have to go out. The Sunspree restaurant is only open for dinner and breakfast, the people are real nice and we have this one booked in January for our Voyager cruise.:)

• 2 weeks later...

we just booked the one at 5002 seawall for our jan. 25 vos cruise- i will be able to tell you about it after we get back........lol

hoping its decent with some decent restaurants walking distance as we will not have a car- they shuttle you to the pier , had balcony rooms overlooking the gulf, and the price was not bad-

• 4 weeks later...

Archived