Smith Cove

jcrowe6

Has anyone ever been to Smith's Cove? Is there good snorkeling, nice beach..etc. Thanks for any help!!

I have read that this is a local's beach, and good snorkeling. I have also read that there are no restrooms there as well! :eek:

If you do a search someone a while back posted a picture of Smith's Cove and it looks really nice. Also you can try trip advisor.

If we weren't doing the swim w/the rays, I would def. check this place out. Maybe next time. :) Again, I've never been there, this is the info that I have read on here & on trip advisor.

Hi, I've been to Smith's Cove a couple times on land trips. The snorkeling is great, the beach is basically not great. The beach area is small with some picnic tables..the sand is course from lots of shells washed up, it's been a few years but there were some bathrooms, but they were so smelly I know my girlfreind wouldn't use them. I think I recall posting a photo a few years ago on Cruise Critic..maybe the previous poster was thinking of my post. I'll have a hard time choosing between Cemetary reef and Smith's Cove when my lady and I are in Grand Cayman on our Ruby Princess cruise in March.

Smith Cove is a small site with picnic tables under the trees. There are bathrooms, but they are often less than squeaky clean :rolleyes:

The location is very popular with local residents but does not receive so much tourist traffic. There are no nearby restaurants which limit dining options.

We where on the island for a week Christmas 2008. Smith's Cove was not a nice beach, especially compared to the other wonderful beaches on the island! This was the only beach on the island that had lots of garbage/trash. It is rocky, not much parking. We didn't snorkel or swim, just watched the sunset, which was nice. Cemetery reef/beach is WONDERFUL. Swim out a bit and the snorkeling is GREAT! A much better choice. Smith's was just a stop on our way to dinner in town. I'm glad we didn't plan much time there.

Archived