Airport to Ship, How easy?

waiting2go

Hi Everyone,

We leave on the Glory 11/29, and are lining up a vehicle. We're pretty confident we can get to the airport in Orlando, find a driver with a van, and get 4 of us to the port without too much hassle. Does this seem reasonable to everyone? To reserve a van is around $270. I think we could do much better just getting there and finding someone. Opinions are appreciated. Cheers!

Hi Everyone,

We leave on the Glory 11/29, and are lining up a vehicle. We're pretty confident we can get to the airport in Orlando, find a driver with a van, and get 4 of us to the port without too much hassle. Does this seem reasonable to everyone? To reserve a van is around $270. I think we could do much better just getting there and finding someone. Opinions are appreciated. Cheers!

Are you driving to the airport and then finding a van to get from the airport to the port? Or are you flying in to Orlando and then getting the van to get to the port? I know that if you are flying in you could use the Carnival Transfers.

Here is the link to that information:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/Airport_and_Pier_Transfers/airport_pier_transfers.aspx

You could rent a car for a lot less than $270 for a one way. It is about 45 minutes from the airport to the cruise port. Very easy drive. Out of the airport onto rt 528 and straight east to the port.

Thanks for the tips. I thought about renting a car. Does anyone know how far from the ship I would have to drop it off, and how I get back to the ship. One in our group can't walk too long, and I was hoping to drop them off at the dock, take the car back, and get back to the ship however. When the cruise is over, how do I get back to the rental place. Thank You sincerely for the advice. It's appreciated.

I just came back from a cruise in port canaveral. We flew into orlando airport, rented a car from budget, drove to budget in port canaveral (which was about an hour away and very easy to find). Budget then transfers you to the ship. Hardly any walking. They dropped us off where you put your luggage and then you walk to the terminal. You can then rent a car from budget (they have free shuttles from the ship to their location) and drive back to orlando airport. Budget is also onsite at orlando airport.

The two rental car agencies that have free shuttles from the ship are Avis and Budget. We have done budget many times. The two times we have done Avis coming back they didn't have a car for us even though I had a reservation.

Thanks for the tips. I thought about renting a car. Does anyone know how far from the ship I would have to drop it off, and how I get back to the ship. One in our group can't walk too long, and I was hoping to drop them off at the dock, take the car back, and get back to the ship however. When the cruise is over, how do I get back to the rental place. Thank You sincerely for the advice. It's appreciated.

I rent an SUV from Budget when I sail on the Glory, very easy less than $75 even with the fuel refill option. Just take the north exit to 528 entering to the right. There is a $1.25 toll plaza about 1/2 way. It turns into A1A in Cape Canaveral and the Budget place is on the right about 4 miles from where A1A starts.

They will shuttle you all to the port and be there waiting when you get back.

Archived