claustrophobia in cave-tubing?

vizgal

Hello-

I am brand new to the website. We are cruising in Jan on the Navigator of the Seas and are stopping in Belize. We really want to do the zipline and cave-tubing. We have decided to use Major Tom (thanks to the advice on these forums). I have one concern. I have mild claustrophobia. I can usually control it, but I would hate to 'freak' out in front of others, while tubing. Other than that, we are both healthy, active, and pretty brave. Can anyone tell me just how bad is it in the caves? Or provide pics of the most tight spaces so I can get an idea? Finally, are there other suggestions as to excursion hosts besides Major Tom?

Thank you so much...we have both learned so much from this site.

Best-

We did the cave tubing in 06 and you need not worry. The caves were - how should I put it? - "Cavernous". LOL No 'tight spots' at all. The river was quite wide in fact. Dark though. The little headlight strapped on your head hardly did anything to light up your trip while in the caves, but it is only for brief spells. The rest of the trip was in and out of darkness. You will enjoy it if you are a little adventurous.

Archived