Fascination-Misc. questions, dining, cabin, etc.

oooohDonna

On the 4 day cruise Dec. 4, Nassau/Freeport. Is the special dining room available on this ship, where you pay $30 for extra good meal?

Can't remember what you guys call that :confused: dining room.

Can you control the temperature in your cabin? If you have a inside cabin, does anyone think it gets hot? I sleep with a fan on me, I get hot, whew :eek: Wondering if I might like to take a little portable fan?

Do you think it means your ship is full or almost full if the price goes up?

I think it is strange that the 4 day cost more than the 5 day cruise, (same port) and the price has gone up from when I purchased 2 weeks ago. Just wishing, like us all, that it would go down so I can get mo money :D

Going from Conquest 2006 to Fascination. We had aft balcony adjoined with our friends who had the wrap around aft balcony, on Conquest...awesome! Gonna miss that balcony!

Where are good places to be on the sail away and just to hang out and look at the ocean? Better places than the Lido Deck?

Does anyone know about water temps that time of year, 1st wk. of December. Freeport/Nassau?

We are doing snorkeling trips at both ports and hoping the water is tolerable...at least 75..ok that's cold to me, brrr, but can use wet suit, but does anyone know what temps might be? 80 would be nice! :D

That's all my rambling for now, sure I'll think of something else later ;)

There is not a supper club (special dinning restaurant) on the fascination.

No separate control in each cabin. I always take a small fan, especially for the noise that it gives off, but will also help in temperature control.

I agree that the 4 day is more expensive than the 5. I guess that the 4 day cruise sells out much faster and they can charge more. I'm going on the 5 day in January and was wondering about the water temperature too.

Anyone know?

We sailed the Fascination in October 2008 and had an ocean-view cabin on the Riviera deck. On the ceiling was a dial that we could turn in order to stop the air from blowing into our room. It wasn't an actual thermostat, just a dial.

If you have more questions, there are many existing threads related to the Fascination that will provide a lot of information.

The dial at the top of the room will keep your room nice and chilly. I kept my room so cold that my glasses and camera would fog up when I went outside in the mornings.

The funnel deck is awesome for sailaway, especially when you go under the bridge. Just find the funnel and take the staircase up. There is a sign that says "adults only".

G-Man is very fast with the drinks up there, so you won't have to go to the bar to get your hands on something fruity.

Have fun. She is a great ship.

Archived