Any opinions about Raiders of the Lost Caves tour?

BlueMermaid

This is my first time on the CruiseCritic Meassage board (and any board at all). I hope I am doing it correctly. My family is interested to try Raiders of the Lost Caves tour while being on Carnival Legend during X-mas week this December. I've tried to contact tour operator (I beleive it is Chukka Carribbean) but they did not respond to my e-mail yet. I would love to read a detailed reveiw with the emphases on safety issuies (I am not very brave person when it comes to high speed and height (I mean zip-linning and rappelling part)). Thank you for you responses in advance.:)

I personally have not done this tour, but I did a search for you on the boards and found this thread about it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=778445&highlight=raiders

One of the people who did the tour, copperski, posted the following two comments about it.

Hope that helps a little!

copperski

Cool Cruiser

Just got off of RCI Enchantment of the Seas. In Belize I took the Raiders of the lost Mayan caves tour through the cruise line. It was Amazing!! One of the best adventure excursions I have taken. You will get wet,you will get muddy,you will see bats, you will learn about the Mayans, you will walk,crawl,rappel,zipline and swing in the caves, and you will have lots of FUN doing it. I suggest you wear long pants,sneakers,and that you put on bug spray. Enjoy

We saw bats in the cave, and we saw a big creepy, but cool spider. Of course we saw a lot of bugs and mosquitoes(bring bug spray). Probably will not see any other jungle animals. There were two zip lines, two suspension bridges, one repelling rope, crawling on your hands and knees and we also walked threw a pool of knee high water. I would not recommend it for your boyfriend if he is afraid of heights. If he is adventurous, he will love it. The zip line is quick, and if he is like my wife, who is also afraid of heights, will run across the bridge in record time. Enjoy

Archived