NCL Deluxe Reef Snorkeling or Palancar Reef Snorkel

slckstn

I'm considering either the Deluxe Reef Snoreling & Beach Break and the Palancar Reef Snorkel by Boat. Has anyone done either of these? They are both drift snorkel and I'm not exactly sure what that is. I've either snorkeled from a catamaran or walked out from shore. Also, we are snorkeling in Belize the day before and wondered how it would compare to Belize. I'd love to hear any opinions about either of these excursions.

I am still deciding about Cozumel too. However, to answer your question about drift snorkeling, that is where you start in one place and snorkel along with the current (drifting) and end in another spot. I would guess that the boat will follow along and pick you up at the end. That way, you don't have to swim back against the current.

There is typically a current around Cozumel. A drift snorkel is where you start in one place, float with the current, and end some where else. It is almost effortless. If you would snorkel against the current, it would take more effort.

With a boat, it will drop you off somewhere with the guide and then keep an eye on the group and pick you up when the time is up, wherever you happen to be.

What tour in Belize?

• 1 month later...
I'm considering either the Deluxe Reef Snoreling & Beach Break and the Palancar Reef Snorkel by Boat. Has anyone done either of these? They are both drift snorkel and I'm not exactly sure what that is. I've either snorkeled from a catamaran or walked out from shore. Also, we are snorkeling in Belize the day before and wondered how it would compare to Belize. I'd love to hear any opinions about either of these excursions.

If I'm not mistaken, they are the same tour except after the snorkeling part some of the people get dropped off at a beach and the others go back to the ship.

It's about a 45 minute boat ride to Palancar reef from where the cruise ship docks. My husband has never been seasick before and he got quite sick from the boat ride and the "drifting" motion of the excursion when we were there last month.

It was awesome -- I wish it had been a sunnier and less choppy day, though. The depths were amazing.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering what people think of this excursion or if anyone has been on this one thru NCL? We snorkeled in Cozumel about 14 years ago and it was some of the best we have ever done. I understand this is drift snorkeling where the boat follow the current and you to an end point. I think my DH would really enjoy that part. Any comments on the lunch or Playa Mia?

I can't comment on NCL excursions but from what I hear Carnival offers, you'd do much better booking on your own. I have gone three times with Mystic Snorkel. She hit's 3 reefs, about 45 minutes each. It's a true snorkel excursion, not 15 minutes in the water and 2 hours snarfing "free" booze. Not that that's a bad thing, I just like to keep my snorkel and drinkin' separate:D

Archived