Diving vs Snorkelling in Antigua

Zeophyle

Hi everyone, I'm new on the board so pardon me please if this question is just rediculously obvious. But I'm planning my honeymoon to Antigua and from what I'm seeing it seems that most dive spots around Antigua are in fairly shallow water. My fiancee and I are not yet diver certified, and what I'm wondering is if Antigua's waters are worth the time and cost it would take to get certified. If not, and snorkelling is just as nice an experience, I'd like to invest the money into something else for the honeymoon and save the scuba training for a future trip. Thanks for any help.

Hi everyone, I'm new on the board so pardon me please if this question is just rediculously obvious. But I'm planning my honeymoon to Antigua and from what I'm seeing it seems that most dive spots around Antigua are in fairly shallow water. My fiancee and I are not yet diver certified, and what I'm wondering is if Antigua's waters are worth the time and cost it would take to get certified. If not, and snorkelling is just as nice an experience, I'd like to invest the money into something else for the honeymoon and save the scuba training for a future trip. Thanks for any help.

I say if you can get your cert before you go, then you dont spend your vacation in the pool and the sea doing skills, my girlfriend are going to dive you or next cruise and we decided that she should get cert b4 going down. and it's dosn't matter that the dives are not that deep, most of the really cool looking stuff is in the first 40 feet.

In my humble opinion diving is always better than snorkeling, but be sure you have a dive operator near your hotel or the cost will be prohibitive because of the taxi fare. With so many beaches you can snorkel anywhere. Antigua waters are beautifully clear. Either way you'll love being in the water.

Archived