Cat 12 Disney Cruise line

cruiser881438

I am planning on booking a disney cruise and am thinking about booking a category 12. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms before? Are they noisy? I will only be going on a three day cruise and want to keep the trip cheap. Do you think a category 12 is fine?

I am planning on booking a disney cruise and am thinking about booking a category 12. Has anyone stayed in one of these rooms before? Are they noisy? I will only be going on a three day cruise and want to keep the trip cheap. Do you think a category 12 is fine?

Noisy? Oh, I get it. Because you are closer to the engines.

Nope, the category 12 rooms are not dramatically noisier then the other rooms. If you are trying to be in a low noise area you may want to try to be further away from the elevators. It’s not so much the noise of the elevators themselves as it is the noise of people coming and going.

Our first Disney cruise back in 1999 was in a category 12 room. There is nothing wrong with saving money.

Just so you know, you will not have a window. No biggie, I just don’t want you to be surprised.

Cat 12 worked great for us when we had one. We have booked them a couple of other times and got an upgrade for free which was nice.

Some have a split bath, some dont. If that makes a difference to you, then ask before you book it which bathroom it has.

we arnt in the room long enough to make a difference. Just to change clothes and to sleep.

Look and see what is on the deck directly above your stateroom, too. If you can get a stateroom towards the front of the ship, that helps, too. Try to get the highest possible deck and away from the main stretches of corridor where people will be walking (and talking) to elevators or stairs - people naturally congregate in those locations.

If you are really ambivalent about stateroom location and can walk longer distances, book a Category 12 guarantee and you may get a nice upgrade to a higher inside stateroom. Inside staterooms are not for the claustrophobic and Cat. 12's don't have the split bathroom configurations.

Best Regards,

Julia

• 4 weeks later...

You may have already decided, but if not...here are most important things to know about category 12.

They are located on deck 2 forward directly under the night clubs--hence why there are less expensive.

They do not sleep four people, but for some unknown reason, Disney will allow parties of four to book into them, and they are automatically upgraded to at least category 11. Nothing is different about the rooms, just location. And many times on less crowded sailings, you may even get bumped up to cat. 10 which has the split bath, but would probably be on the lower decks.

If you are looking to save money--category 12 is the least expensive option on all sailings--even cheaper than group rates from the Disney specialty agencies. I think they are a great deal and always recommend them. Of course--I'd rather be on a Disney cruise saving money, than anywhere else!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in a Cat. 12 on my last cruise (Dec. 2007), and just booked a Cat. 12 GTY for the May 17th 4-night cruise. We never heard a sound from the nightclubs upstairs, just a lot of noise from the obnoxious people across the hall from us who had a child who kept running out into the hallway and screaming! Beth

Archived