Live onboard QM2 11-21-2008

skyking

Perhaps the person you are talking about was speaking English in the correct manner and not some broken American accent and you couldn’t understand them.

Never heard of the word SNOBBISH . Is that an American word? Or did you mean to say snobby?

Can you say SNOBBISH in German?...I didn`t think so...You`re welcome.

It had something to do with soup and Nalcolm. wouldn;'t that be spelled civilized??? Merely a query mind you.

Patwell,

Just to help you with a language that is obvoiusly not your first...

It's Malcom not Nalcoln.

You really shouldn't write "spelled". Not only is it "bad" (in this context) English, as I'm sure you know, but it isn't "right", the way you use it...

And, as everyone, not in the colonies, knows, its "civilised" never "civilized".

Patwell,

It's Malcom not Nalcoln.

You really shouldn't write "spelled". Not only is it "bad" (in this context) English, as I'm sure you know, but it isn't "right", the way you use it...

And, as everyone, not in the colonies, knows, its "civilised" never "civilized".

Oops???

Patwell,

It's Malcom not Nalcoln.

Ok...I'll pass on the "obvoiusly" thing....;)

And in this case it is definitely Nalcoln....trust me on that.

What can I say...you know how us colonials are...having been subjected to us and all recently....:eek:

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

What can I say...you know how us colonials are...having been subjected to us and all recently....:eek:

Cheers, Penny

HeHe!:D

What happened to all the live updates this guy said he was doing here? Did he abandon ship? :p

He would have posted more but I think the Pacific Coast Iced Teas he was testing while sitting in the Hot Tub might have just distracted him. The main problem with live updates is finding the time to do them (as well as the internet cost) there is so much to do onboard and so little time to do it!

HeHe!:D

Oh Poo!!! :p

Cheers, Penny....furiously reading my British English for Dumb Americans book SOMEONE gave me!!!:rolleyes:;)

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

Cheers, Penny

we ?? Sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry. Only trying to help.

Gari

I can certainly understand not posting "live". It sounds like a good idea, but myself once on board the last thing I want to do is spend time on the internet.

But, tagging along on this thread, we were pleased with just every aspect of this cruise. Our first QM2 cruise a few years back was a short cruise and the service was so bad it really had a overall effect on our enjoyment. We decided to book a longer cruise, give it another try. I still dont know if our first cruise was just one of thoes things, the result of a short cruise or whatever, but this time we did expereince the white star service, the entire dining room experience was like night and day, really just wonderful.... We are glad we gave her another try.

We also were able to secure a reservation at Todd English this time, which we just loved. Pub lunch was also great.

Having sailed before and already posted a picture review we did not come back with a great deal of ship pictures... We did however spend some time taking shots of all the holiday decoration and will put that up on our website soon for anyone interested.

A tad disappointed in the music in the Queens Room. As at least 50% of the ship was UK passangers and I would of expected an orchestra that could play a strict tempo. The music was not very inspiring or in the correct timing, but still we found ourselves in the ballroom for at least 3 evenings, so how bad could it of been!!......... Will post more details on the dancers thread.

Overall a very enjoyable vacation and I am sure we will sail her again in the future.

All practised dancers say the same about the timing of the Band, they get it for a few bars and then lapse into a foxtrot from a waltz. It is all an absolute mystery to me but I do think the matter should be brought to the attention of Cunard as it is such a regular comment

Hi All...had to weigh in with a photo of the updated Chartroom....please forgive the quality...it was Gin and Tonic testing day. I thought it was one of the most beautiful rooms on the ship. This being our first time on QM2 I can't say for sure how it compares to the pre-update version but it appears that they changed some of the furnishings out and added splashes of blue. It was gorgeous!

2864574970104483212crGpdZ_th.jpg

Click the photo to see a larger pic as well as few others including the much discussed carpet

Hi gang

I have sailed five times on Queen Mary 2 including four transatlantics.....I found the old chart room very bland, dreary and colorless with much wasted space. What drew me to the room were the wonderful musicians and the sea views. While I have not been on board since the refit, given the pictures I have seen of the new chart room, it appears to me to be a great improvement. I'm looking forward to seeing for myself this summer....Now I wish Cunard would please do something with the Winter Garden and Kings Court....Thanks.

Deck Chair

Brake Van (goods)

Brake Coach (passenger)

Or, if you prefer, Guards van, which could be used for either.

Sorry, only a true trainspotter would be aware of all of that. What is the one in the front called--the one with the engine in it--in your knowledgeable terms? Just so I won't make that mistake again!

You want exotic?

Iron Horse? Trouble is, that it went out of fashion before steam got to the colonies.

Well, it seems you have lots more names for the caboose, er, excuse me, Guard Van, than the locomotive. Isn't the locomotive the chief cook and bottle washer. I'd think there must be more nicknames than that for the head honcho.

Archived