8 weeks until the Star...woooo hoooo!

Stranger1

LOL,

I can't say I've ever left any champagne ... nope, it's all mopped up by the time I leave!! Sorry!!!!! ;)

Hmmm, maybe a beer (I hate beer) ... what room?

H.

Hilander, don't forget to leave any extra champagne in our room!!

Things are really starting to come together for our cruise. Excursions are booked, small coffee maker purchased, underwater housing for our digital camera purchased. Still need the water shoes but I think I'll take care of that tonight. Tomorrow, if time permits, I'll be calling Princess to book the Vow Renewal and also book a rental car to kill some time the morning we get in. This is coming WAY too quick.

Hey everyone, I am getting really excited. we are down to 7 days til we fly to FLL and then we set sail on that beautiful ship....

Will bring back pics and patters and post right away for all you people who like to preplan......;)

WooooHoooo I can't wait to go:D

Deerinh2o, are you leaving out of LAX? If you are, could you post how security was there when you get back? Just wondering how early I need to get there when we fly out. We're flying out New Year's day eve and still trying to figure out the best way up there and how much traffic we're gonna hit. Don't want to be late, but really don't want to sit in the airport all night (our least favorite thing to do). It's so much easier to fly out of San Diego but it just didn't work out this time. Thanks!

Stranger1,

Well I cheated and am flying from Long Beach, I worked at LAX for awhile and now just can't fly out of there, but our best friends who are leaving the same day at 10 at night on Delta are flying from LAX. Delta told her to be there by about 8 - 8:30. But I will ask her when she gets to FLL and let you know. I love Long Beach, its 15 min from my house and its so small that it feels like the show Wings.

I worked at the LAX last year on New Years Eve (AA) and it was a bit of a wait for security. I used to go and check, because employees too have to go through to go get drinks and food. I would say your drive shouldn't be too bad from Temecula because you can use the carpool on the 91 to the 605, then when you get on the 105, hop in carpool all the way to LAX. I live in Buena Park and on day with traffic, it takes 25 min to get to LAX.....

Are you parking your car at the airport or taking a shuttle?

Hope I helped a little.

Yes, you helped alot! We are probably going to do the long term parking at LAX. I also found a lot near LAX called Johhny Park that was completely indoors. Do you have any recommendations?

P.S. Just got a call from DW...she has today off due to the holiday and is shopping for a couple of new dresses and other assorted cruise clothes...looks like we'll be ready ahead of time!! Thanks again!

Good,

My best friend is also using Johnny Park, found it online and it looks safe.

I love shopping, DH tells me to wait now until we get onboard, but everyday, I remeber I need more, like film, batteries, odds and ins.....

Tell you DW to have fun getting a dress, I love to dress up and can't wait for the formal nights(cruisings the only time we do formal;) ) so I think its lots of fun.

Have a fabulous day and talk to you soon.....:p

Tom-n-jules, I tried Target, not knowing exactly what I was looking for, and they looked at me like I was nuts. I'll try Walmart tomorrow. Thanks.

they may not have them this time of year :(

sometimes they only carry them during the summer

but hey, that's what we have the internet for!! :-)

look what I found.....and a bargain price to "boot" LOL!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/perfectlysafe/80205-swimshoes.html

(kids only)

for adults tryin Amazon (search for swim shoes): http://www.amazon.com/gp/search.html/104-3385769-5005534?url=node=1036682&keywords=swim%20shoes

Jules

Jules, thanks for the links to the water shoes. I'll check them out today. Well, 6 weeks and 5 days until we fly out. My Nephew and his wife just left this past weekend on the Navigator of the Seas for pretty much the same itinerary....lucky so and so's! I wish the time would go faster...I can hear the Star calling me.

Hey Everyone,

Well I am getting really excited, we are packed and ready to go. We leave Fri AM for FLL and then leave Sunday on the STAR!!!

I promise to send a least one email from the ship saying whether we get to go to Princess Cays or not.:rolleyes:

talk to you all soon.....

Archived