Ship Time/Port Time Destiny

Roxxy

Just wondering if they have you change your watches at all to line up with island time? Looking to book some private excursions and I want to make sure I'm there on time!

You didnt list the ports you are calling on, but most stay on ship time.

As long as you deal with tour operators that have been in the business for awhile, this shouldnt be an issue. Its their business to know when ships arrive and leave each port and if there is a difference in ship and port time.

BUT be careful. We did a shore excursion in Grand Cayman, with a group of ladies from another Carnival ship. Fortunately, we as a group decided to shorten the tour and they JUST made it back to make the last tender.

It gets confusing but for our Grand Cayman excursion I'll keep my watch to ship time!

It seems where most cruisers run afoul of ship time is by relying on their cell phone to double as a watch. While this may be common practice in everyday life, cell phones will adjust to local time once they connect to a cell tower.

The best thing to do is use a watch and pay attention to the ship daily and onboard announcements.

Archived