bringing on beer/liquor in San Juan

KnightsofColumbus

I'm taking a cruise in July on Victory. I have heard it is easy to bring beer and liquor on board in San Juan. Is this true? If so I might buy a bottle of champaign and some beer. Will they let you on the ship? Please let me know what I need to do to get the beer and liqour on the ship and how much I can take on.

Thanks!

Board the ship in a very calm and cool manner. When you get to security....make a mad dash to your cabin.

Works for me. And if the security guy happens to make a mad John Lynch tackle on you, then very carefully pull one of the two bottles of rum out of your beach bag and hand it over to be delivered to your cabin on the last night of the cruise and you'll still have half of yer booty to be consumed that night. AAARGHH! And a pirate ye'll be!!!!!

I mentioned on the other thread on this exact same topic (that's been happenning a lot lately, scratching head) that I buy a 6 or 12 pack of beer in every single port I have been to and never once had it confiscated. I think they look the other way with beer. If you walk on with 6 liters of Tortuga rum, they will take it. But put a few beers in your beach bag and you should be ok. It's cool when you're on lido sailing away from port and you're drinking a local beer like Carib or Kalik that you can't get on board.

After you check in at the terminal, you'll walk upstairs. There you will see a liquor store right before you go through the glass doors to get on the ship. There will also be a person standing outside the store with a cart offering free shots. Drink as much as you want, then go in the liquor store and make your purchases.

Put your purchases in a carry-on. Don't be blatant about it. They won't say a word....at least they didn't to us or anybody else. And that store was full of people buying booze.

Between four of us we brought on about eight fifths. My nephew went back and bought a couple more before we left port.

I mentioned on the other thread on this exact same topic (that's been happenning a lot lately, scratching head) that I buy a 6 or 12 pack of beer in every single port I have been to and never once had it confiscated. I think they look the other way with beer. If you walk on with 6 liters of Tortuga rum, they will take it. But put a few beers in your beach bag and you should be ok. It's cool when you're on lido sailing away from port and you're drinking a local beer like Carib or Kalik that you can't get on board.

I believe the op is sailing from San Juan.......their embarkation port.

OP you will be able to buy hard liquor right in the terminal so you can put it in your carry on with no problem.

But they don't sell beer there.......

OP you will be able to buy hard liquor right in the terminal so you can put it in your carry on with no problem.

Right. Sorry, I'm speaking of ports of call, not embarkation ports and I've never sailed from PR.

Thanks a lot! I suppose if I bring a few beers in a carry on then it should be okay right?

I believe there is a Wal-Mart near by right? Does anyone know if they sell beer there?

Archived