Which hotel in HNL?

Mccarri

Dear All

We will arrive in HNL late evening, stay there for one night and visit Pearl Harbour the next morning before boarding POA.

We are not sure where to stay, i.e HNL airport, Downtown HNL or Waikiki. Can anyone make any suggestions where we should stay and recommend a moderately priced hotel?

Which websites should we try? I have had a look at Hotwire and Priceline (incl. a look at www.biddingfortravel.com) already.

Regards and thanks

Mccarri

I give you alot of credit for attempting such a long flight. Britian to Hawaii can take along time but it looks like you have done your homework. I would stay in the area of Waikiki near the beach and soak up the sun. If you can make bids on priceline I would go for it if you know this is a definite trip. I would bid for the four star Hotel in South Waikiki and if you get rejected go ahead and rebid for North Waikiki. We had some winning bids in North Waikiki back in Decmember 2003 and were very happy with the win. We stayed two nights at the Hawian Prince for $119 US dollars. I have heard that there have been winning bids at the Hilton Resort which is right next door to the Hawian Prince (Bids around $180 US). I hope this helps. Tim

We loved the Aqua Palms. Call them directly (google their web site to get phone number) and ask for a superior ocean view room. It has been two years since we stayed there but were so happy when we woke up in the morning after a very late night check in and discovered we had a beautiful view of Diamond Head and a small even a view of a small slice of beach from our 9th floor lanai. The Aqua Palms is located right beside the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort.

• Administrators
Dear All

We will arrive in HNL late evening, stay there for one night and visit Pearl Harbour the next morning before boarding POA.

We are not sure where to stay, i.e HNL airport, Downtown HNL or Waikiki. Can anyone make any suggestions where we should stay and recommend a moderately priced hotel?

Which websites should we try? I have had a look at Hotwire and Priceline (incl. a look at www.biddingfortravel.com) already.

Regards and thanks

Mccarri

You will not be in HNL long enough, per the above post, to do anything other than sleep, wake up and visit Pearl Harbor, then board the POA? If that's the case, I would Priceline a 4* hotel in Honolulu using the strategies at BFT. Most 4* properties would be able to hold your bags while you are at PH, then let you pick them up prior to heading to your ship (you can't take any bags into PH, not even a purse). It seems that you really do only need a safe, clean place to sleep, in your situation. If you choose not to Priceline, you might want to check out the links and info at the wizardpub.com site (they publish the Revealed books) -- their Oahu hotels section with aerial photos is really great -- http://www.wizardpub.com/oahu/oahaerials.html

If you don't want to do that much research for so short a stay, I agree with the Aqua recommendation, and would add ResortQuest, and the Wyland -- http://www.thewylandwaikikihotel.com/?src=ppc_google_brand

If there's any chance you could fly in 1-2 days prior to the cruise, I would encourage you to explore that possibility. We flew in 2 days early from the US East Coast and still thought the time change was a bear -- if we'd had to tack on an extra 6 hours I think it would have affected our trip in a major way. :(

Archived