New to Carnival

gillmom2

DM and rest of family is on the Panorama deck on our Pride cruise. it is high up and I'm not sure but if you are prone to sea sickness you might feel the ship moving up there.

What keeps us coming back..well the price is still one of the best out there for us.The itineraries that are offered are fanatasitc.The variety of length of cruise is a nice option to.

RCCL is nice,it is bit fussy for us as we are a middle income family(I work to cruise:D).CCL is not the party ship everyboddy says.Your vacation is what you make it to be.Which ship are you going on and where does it go to?

You may want to check out the North American Homeports section of the threads....then go into East Coast departures. I'm sure they will have some info for you there.

End of September is still pretty nice weather in the NYC area and the more south you go, the better it should be. You just have to hope and pray not to hit any tropical storms or hurricanes at that time of year:eek:

We sailed on the Legend, sister ship to the Miracle and identical layout. LOVED it! We had an 8H (extended balcony, midship). Now that they have reclassified the cabins, I'm not sure what cabins are 8I. Some people complain about noise (chairs scraping, etc) on the Lido deck above, but we never experienced any issues with it. Most people haven't been bothered by it. We loved being the deck below Lido because that is where we spent almost all of our time.

Have a great cruise!!! I'm sure you will find some differences between Carnival & RCCL, from what I've heard people like different things better on each line, so they tend to balance out....

You may want to check out the North American Homeports section of the threads....then go into East Coast departures. I'm sure they will have some info for you there.

End of September is still pretty nice weather in the NYC area and the more south you go, the better it should be. You just have to hope and pray not to hit any tropical storms or hurricanes at that time of year:eek:

We sailed on the Legend, sister ship to the Miracle and identical layout. LOVED it! We had an 8H (extended balcony, midship). Now that they have reclassified the cabins, I'm not sure what cabins are 8I. Some people complain about noise (chairs scraping, etc) on the Lido deck above, but we never experienced any issues with it. Most people haven't been bothered by it. We loved being the deck below Lido because that is where we spent almost all of our time.

Have a great cruise!!! I'm sure you will find some differences between Carnival & RCCL, from what I've heard people like different things better on each line, so they tend to balance out....

Our TA just booked us 8H because she didn't want us under the Lido deck 8I (we had a previous horrible experience being over a lounge).......

We just returned from our 1st Carnival cruise. We are loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers. We were on one of Carnivals oldest ships and we loved it. We were disappointed in the balcony on a cat. 11 room but the service was great. So great that we have booked another Carnival cruise for this summer. Have a great time. Any cruise is better than a day at work.

We just got off the Grandeur, which wasn't so grand. There were not enough activities to do (we were bored) and the main dining room food was not good. We had loyal Royals at our dining room table and they were not happy about the food either. We missed Carnival's afternoon tea on sea days, the endless activities (can you imagine a Carnival ship that has its lounges empty at 10:00 at night??they were on the Grandeur), and the excellent food in the Carnival dining room. We also missed the Carnival beds and bedding. The beds on the Grandeur were awful. It wasn't the Fun Ship, and I don't think we'll ever go back to RCCL.

Archived