Jimmy Buffett cruise 2009

Telegalc

Anyone going? It is March 15 - March 22, 2009 on the Legend

Yes. This will be my second one.

And before anyone else gets too excited, it's the Parrothead Cruise, Jimmy won't be there. (I think he has a standing invitation but has never shown.) It is still a blast. The cruise is sponsored by the Atlanta Parrot Head Club and sells out within about a week after it is announced each year.

http://www.parrotheadcruise.com/

There is a roll call for this cruise here on CC. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=731463

Yes. This will be my second one.

And before anyone else gets too excited, it's the Parrothead Cruise, Jimmy won't be there. (I think he has a standing invitation but has never shown.) It is still a blast. The cruise is sponsored by the Atlanta Parrot Head Club and sells out within about a week after it is announced each year.

http://www.parrotheadcruise.com/

There is a roll call for this cruise here on CC. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=731463

Thanks!!

:D

How does the cruise raise money? Who gets it?

Through incentives from the cruise line and the booking agency the cruise generates income. Onboard, we will also hold a silent auction and a few games and raffles to raise funds. Out of that, expenses are paid including promotions, credentials, entertainment, costs for group activities onboard and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. All net proceeds left over go to charity. We work hard to keep costs to a bare minimum. To date, the Parrothead Cruises have raised over $200,000.00. The board of the Atlanta Parrot Head Club decides the benefactors. For the 1999, 2000, and 2001 cruises the monies went to the March of Dimes. From 2002 onward, the proceeds fund various breast cancer charities including the Avon 3-Day Breast Cancer Crusade in 2002 and The Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation presently.

How does the cruise raise money? Who gets it?

Through incentives from the cruise line and the booking agency the cruise generates income. Onboard, we will also hold a silent auction and a few games and raffles to raise funds. Out of that, expenses are paid including promotions, credentials, entertainment, costs for group activities onboard and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff. All net proceeds left over go to charity. We work hard to keep costs to a bare minimum. To date, the Parrothead Cruises have raised over $200,000.00. The board of the Atlanta Parrot Head Club decides the benefactors. For the 1999, 2000, and 2001 cruises the monies went to the March of Dimes. From 2002 onward, the proceeds fund various breast cancer charities including the Avon 3-Day Breast Cancer Crusade in 2002 and The Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer and the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation presently.

Very very cool! Thanks!

This is the first I have heard of it.

:confused:

Not one mention of it on Radio Margaritaville.

That's because James isn't going ;) :p

Wonder how quickly the ship would sell if they actually did do a Jimmy cruise:eek::D

That's because James isn't going ;) :p

Wonder how quickly the ship would sell if they actually did do a Jimmy cruise:eek::D

I think they could charter a whole ship.

They should do one from NOLA that hits cozumel, key west and grand turk ...since there is a Margaritaville in all of those ports...LOL

I think they could charter a whole ship.

They should do one from NOLA that hits cozumel, key west and grand turk ...since there is a Margaritaville in all of those ports...LOL

No doubt. Some would probably end up on ebay, just like his concert tickets:cool:...$$$$

eh...the only exciting port there would be Coz LOL.

Alcohol-rehabilitation counselors, antidepressant manufacturers and shrinks should present Buffett with gold-encrusted plaques of recognition thanking the Key West ukulele hack for supplying roughly half of their paying clientele. Here's how the vicious cycle works:

1) Begin liking Buffett during perpetually drunk collegiate undergrad years;

2) prolong perpetual drunkenness by becoming Parrothead and attending Buffett shows until the age of 40;

3) crash car drunk on drive back from Buffett show at Pensacola Fairgrounds;

4) enter court-mandated rehab program;

5) get sober;

6) recognize how bad taste in music and hollow life was during personal "Cheeseburger in Paradise" bender;

7) start seeing shrink and taking ******;

8) realize that entire wardrobe consists of imitation Hawaiian shirts, huarache sandals, golf visors and jams;

9) start drinking again;

10) hit the road for Chattanooga stop of Buffett's "Four Inebriated Horsemen" tour with Alan Jackson, Clint Black and Randy Travis. Margaritaville, unfortunately, has inescapable walls made of petrified ape dung, which is an apt description of Buffett's entire catalogue.

No doubt. Some would probably end up on ebay, just like his concert tickets:cool:...$$$$

eh...the only exciting port there would be Coz LOL.

dude...Jacks shack is in Grand Turk......and there ate plenty of fun places in KW...heading back there super bowl weekend.

I didn't.....LOL

:p

I like that one!! Actually, I went before it was an actual Margaritaville -- they called it Margueritaville back then. Still, it was a great restaurant and they had a killer fish sandwich. That was where I learned my 2yo knew the words to "Why Don't We Get Drunk and . . . " :o

Archived