Embarkation on the Paradise? Time?

wendic

I know this has been discussed already, I just haven't found my answer yet! I cant get a straight answer for what the time frame is for embarkation out of Long Beach on the Paradise. with good traffic, we are 4 hours away. We want to get on the ship the earliest we can, should we do the Queen Mary check in? Thanks this is for Jan 9th, 3 day to ensenada!

I know this has been discussed already, I just haven't found my answer yet! I cant get a straight answer for what the time frame is for embarkation out of Long Beach on the Paradise. with good traffic, we are 4 hours away. We want to get on the ship the earliest we can, should we do the Queen Mary check in? Thanks this is for Jan 9th, 3 day to ensenada!

We were on the Paradise in September and did the early check-in on the Queen Mary (for the 3rd time, it's great!) and were on the ship at the bar having our first DOD at 11:42. Of course, anything can change that, the ship getting in a little late, any kind of coast guard delay, crew customs, etc, etc....There are 2 sets of pics in my signature of the Paradise also.

One reason that you "can't get a straight answer" is that the times slightly change every week. There is no 100% guaranteed answer or time that happens like clockwork each week.

Weather, customs, unexpected problems can affect and change the times every sailing.

That being said...

If you want to get on the ship the earliest you can, then absolutely do the Queen Mary early check in.

There won't be a 100% guaranteed time they "open", but 9ish is the best approximate. If you get there at 9 AM, then even if they open it a bit later (not until 9:30 AM) you're still "earliest".

Then go over to Zone One line, and be first in line there.

You will then get on the ship right after Weddings and VIPs.

That is the earliest you can get on...

Enjoy, and look at cathyz pics - she has lots of the embarking areas!

One reason that you "can't get a straight answer" is that the times slightly change every week. There is no 100% guaranteed answer or time that happens like clockwork each week.

Weather, customs, unexpected problems can affect and change the times every sailing.

Where've ya been, CJW?? I see you have another new avatar:rolleyes: Hey, we plan on arriving between 10:45 and 11:00 (trying to miss most of the morning traffic from the valley to LB) via limo and we are Cat 12. That works, right???:confused:

Here is a link to a CC thread about early check in on Paradise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=876577&highlight=

If you read throught this Carnival board you will find endless info on Paradise.

Archived