Great Time on Ventura

idparky

Its nice to see alot of positive reviews for the Ventura, its a ship thats difficult not to fall in love with. From the moment you step on board its like visiting an old friend, familiar and a feeling of belonging that surounds you as soon as you step on board.

Its nice to see alot of positive reviews for the Ventura, its a ship thats difficult not to fall in love with. From the moment you step on board its like visiting an old friend, familiar and a feeling of belonging that surounds you as soon as you step on board.

Great review stopgo, thanks

I heard that Marco Pierre White was on board the Ventura last week, so that will be interesting to see if anybody saw him while they were in the White Room.

We did whilst on board and wish we hadn't. Send him some soap for Christmas.

Didn't hear or have any complaints when I was there. I don't think you will find any where better, four courses for £15. You can't get top end meals for that price anywhere.

Top end??/

Whatever is your benchmark?

Didn't hear or have any complaints when I was there. I don't think you will find any where better, four courses for £15. You can't get top end meals for that price anywhere.

But its not £15 is it, its the price of your missed dinner in the main restaurant +£15...... about £65pp ? at least if not more?

But its not £15 is it, its the price of your missed dinner in the main restaurant +£15...... about £65pp ? at least if not more?

I had not thought of it like that Sue, but you are indeed correct.

Gerry

There is no way dinner in the main restaurant is worth £50pp. If you work on an average price of the cruise of being £100pppn, are you saying bed, breakfast, lunch and entertainment are £50pp for the lot? I'd say it was more like £20 - £25pp top whack for dinner.

There is no way dinner in the main restaurant is worth £50pp. If you work on an average price of the cruise of being £100pppn, are you saying bed, breakfast, lunch and entertainment are £50pp for the lot? I'd say it was more like £20 - £25pp top whack for dinner.

Worth?

So you think the dinner on a cruise ship is 'worth' £20 to £25?

I'd like to find a restaurant where I could eat like the for less than £25.

Worth?

So you think the dinner on a cruise ship is 'worth' £20 to £25?

I'd like to find a restaurant where I could eat like the for less than £25.

Gerry ~ OK, let me rephrase then...

Working on Sue's assumption that the main dining room meal cost approx £50pp, it makes the rest of the 'package' ie bed, breakfast, lunch and entertainment cost approx £50pp, working on an average cruise price of £100pppn. To me, bed, breakfast, lunch and entertainment would cost more than £50, thus bringing down the cost of the evening meal. And, I don't think dinner on a cruise ship is brilliant in a main restaurant, just OK. Yes, you may be having 3 courses, but it's mass prepared and therefore not at best when it's been festering under a hot lamp for a while. Nor is the meat of best quality. IMHO evening meal onboard cost would be £25 - £30 top.

Gerry ~ OK, let me rephrase then...

Working on Sue's assumption that the main dining room meal cost approx £50pp, it makes the rest of the 'package' ie bed, breakfast, lunch and entertainment cost approx £50pp, working on an average cruise price of £100pppn. To me, bed, breakfast, lunch and entertainment would cost more than £50, thus bringing down the cost of the evening meal. And, I don't think dinner on a cruise ship is brilliant in a main restaurant, just OK. Yes, you may be having 3 courses, but it's mass prepared and therefore not at best when it's been festering under a hot lamp for a while. Nor is the meat of best quality. IMHO evening meal onboard cost would be £25 - £30 top.

Aha, I see where you are coming from.

If you think the food is generally OK then your benchmark must be very high. For me, the food in the main dining room on Celebrity and P&O ships (with the exception of Ventura) is of a very good standard and I believe I would have to go to an excellent restaurant on land to better it.

You must go to some very fancy places (compared to me) on a regular basis if you think the meat is not that great and the meals ok!

Cheers

Gerry

To be fair they do a good job in the main restaurant, prepareing over 3000 meals over two sittings is a near impossible task.The meals have to be made in advance [ the starters and deserts ] the main courses prepared for the first sitting and warmed up for the second. My partner ordered the souffle but our waiter said he wouldn't recomend it, it had stood too long and had sunk. Its all a matter of timeing 5 minutes here and another 5 minutes can make the difference between a meal being perfect or adequate. Thats why the standard is higher in the White Room and the East, it is cooked to order.

My main point was it is not just £15pp its a missed 4-5 course meal plus £15pp it may or may not be £50 per head who knows I don't and you don't.... But if I had the EVENING meal with starter, soup, say lobster, a nice dessert , cheese and biscuits and petit fours and coffee I am sure it would be more than £25pp !!

My main point was it is not just £15pp its a missed 4-5 course meal plus £15pp it may or may not be £50 per head who knows I don't and you don't.... But if I had the EVENING meal with starter, soup, say lobster, a nice dessert , cheese and biscuits and petit fours and coffee I am sure it would be more than £25pp !!

I was on holiday the price didn't come in to it. I was happy to book a table for 6-10, happy to pay the £15 and pleased with the meal. The meal was that good I booked another table for the last day of our cruise, as did alot of other couples. I also booked a table at the East midholiday, also a wonderful meal. Maybe you could work out the real cost of all that as well. Oh by the way I didn't go to all of the shows in fact three of the nights I didn't go to a show at all. Whats that two seperate shows got to be at least £10 a show per night, I guess you have got it all worked out, and how much money I lost. Didn't matter to me I was on holiday and too busy enjoying myself.

Aha, I see where you are coming from.

If you think the food is generally OK then your benchmark must be very high. For me, the food in the main dining room on Celebrity and P&O ships (with the exception of Ventura) is of a very good standard and I believe I would have to go to an excellent restaurant on land to better it.

You must go to some very fancy places (compared to me) on a regular basis if you think the meat is not that great and the meals ok!

Cheers

Gerry

Gerry, you know Chadwell San Marrrrie is very posh! :D

Archived