Bringing case of water

bernieb86

Anyone have problems getting a case of water in a duffle bag on board? No issues right?! Thanks. :D

Don't waste your time with the duffle bag. Just put a luggage tag on the case of water and give it to the porters. Done it twice with no problem.

The water on the ship s fine to drink and tastes quite good. It is desalinated/filtered sea water.

I suggest you ditch the idea of bottled water and buy yourself a stainless steel water bottle and use that for sure excursions. I just bought a 1L size steel canteen/bottle for $10 at Walmart. The water will stay cold and I won't need to get a plastic 1L bottle to refill for each port.

Be nice to the environment, use something that can be washed and reused and isn't made of plastic!

No issues at all. We've put a case in a duffle and checked it at the curb
+1

Worked great and had a duffel for misc stuff when we were packing to debark. We also brought a collapsible cooler that our room steward would fill with ice everyday for our waters.

People pay alot of money for distilled bottled water, and while on a ship you can drink it to your hearts content, straight out of the tap and in the dining room. I have never understood why someone would want to pack cases of bottled water on board??

:confused:

People pay alot of money for distilled bottled water, and while on a ship you can drink it to your hearts content, straight out of the tap and in the dining room. I have never understood why someone would want to pack cases of bottled water on board??

I totally agree but to each their own I guess! :)

While on the subject of water, just disembarked from the Fantasy. Ships water was awful.:mad: When questioning the Maitre'dee (sp) about the quality of the water, :eek:he blamed it on the water taken on board from city of NOLA. What crock!:(

While on the subject of water, just disembarked from the Fantasy. Ships water was awful.:mad: When questioning the Maitre'dee (sp) about the quality of the water, :eek:he blamed it on the water taken on board from city of NOLA. What crock!:(

Was this from the tap (like the bathroom faucet) or the dispenser on the Lido deck? I thought the tap water tasted goofy but the Lido dispenser's water was fabulous!

On our Imagination cruise out of Miami last May I tried the 'slap a luggage tag' on a case and the porters would not take it. He said they have too many cases that break apart. SO - I lugged the thing through check in and when we got on the ship I dropped it off immediately in our cabin.

I put a case of water in a duffle bag on my last cruise. When it was delivered to my cabin one of the bottles had a small leak in it and the cardboard holder was wet. I don't think the people on the docks are too careful about how they handle the luggage. Also if your water in is the bottom of one of the luggage bins it might get crushed. I've got to agree the water on the Fanatasy was kind of nasty, but drinkable.

Me neither. Of course, I don't see the point of bottled water anyway unless you live in a remote area where your water supply is questionable! Bottlers and sellers have done a fine marketing job, haven't they? What really cracks me up is the "nutrient" label on the bottle. Hysterical!!!

:D

Don't waste your time with the duffle bag. Just put a luggage tag on the case of water and give it to the porters. Done it twice with no problem.

Many have reported lately that some porters will not accept this. Bring a duffle bag just in case. Can be quite a pain havng to lug it onto the ship your self.

I really don't know why some people have to be so "holier than thou" and put slams on others for what they do or think, it's sure a trend here lately.

FYI some people ARE sensitive to water supply, I drink my water out of the tap at home but will NOT drink it other places, I am a HUGE water drinker, in fact while some love soft drinks I'd rather have a ice water. The ships water tastes lovely, BUT swells me up, just me? maybe but it's a fact, my rings get tight and my feet get slightly swollen, which is uncomfortable to me.

So, when I sail I pack my water (leave it in the shrink wrap from the store and put it in a carry on with wheels, I check it at the curb with my other bags and get it delivered to my door. I always bring a case, then when going home I have a place to pack the goodies I always bring home to my family and friends, no more overweight luggage!!! I think a duffle would work great too, but I hate toting it.

JMO

Happy sailing, Carole

Yep, I agree the water tasted horrible on the Fantasy. Lido and in the dining room.

We had brought our own ice chest with bottled water and diet cokes and I am so glad we did!

Our first cruise was on the Fantasy, water was horrible. I thought that all water on cruise ships tasted that way. So, we packed water for the next cruise, it turns out that it was a Fantasy thing.

The water on the ship s fine to drink and tastes quite good. It is desalinated/filtered sea water.

I suggest you ditch the idea of bottled water and buy yourself a stainless steel water bottle and use that for sure excursions. I just bought a 1L size steel canteen/bottle for $10 at Walmart. The water will stay cold and I won't need to get a plastic 1L bottle to refill for each port.

Be nice to the environment, use something that can be washed and reused and isn't made of plastic!

You might think it taste good, but all I can taste is chlorine! If you are a bottled water drinker, tap water doesn't cut it!

Pat

I really don't know why some people have to be so "holier than thou" and put slams on others for what they do or think, it's sure a trend here lately.

FYI some people ARE sensitive to water supply, I drink my water out of the tap at home but will NOT drink it other places, I am a HUGE water drinker, in fact while some love soft drinks I'd rather have a ice water. The ships water tastes lovely, BUT swells me up, just me? maybe but it's a fact, my rings get tight and my feet get slightly swollen, which is uncomfortable to me.

So, when I sail I pack my water (leave it in the shrink wrap from the store and put it in a carry on with wheels, I check it at the curb with my other bags and get it delivered to my door. I always bring a case, then when going home I have a place to pack the goodies I always bring home to my family and friends, no more overweight luggage!!! I think a duffle would work great too, but I hate toting it.

JMO

Happy sailing, Carole

Ships water makes me swell up too.

Only problem I ever had was when I drank the ships water. Took several trips before I figured t out.

This dosnt work anymore, at least in Miami.This month we had to put it in luggage at the port, because the porter said"things have changed"

A case of water at the local Wal-Mart is about $5.

AND you can carry the bottled water around but especially handy to take off the ship to the beach.

I put in the luggage and have them carry it to my cabin.

I have heard that the ship water, even though purified does contain sodium. I think I believe that becuase my ankles swelled this past cruise and it was the first cruise on which I did drink the ship's water (had nothing to do with alcohol intake:D). Not good either if you need to watch salt intake. Just my 2 cents worth, Kaboochi

One question - departing from the Old San Juan Pier, where would you be able to buy a case of water near by? It's our first out of there rather than the main cruise ship pier.

FYI--the ships water is desalinated sea water which is filtered. No chemicals are added like Fluoride or Chlorine. It is as pure as you can get it. I can't drink tap water, I use a brita filter and drink that water. I also drink around 2L (liters) of water a day--that is 8 cups). I find the water on the ship excellent! Better than Brita filtered water!

Bottle water like Dasani, Aquifina, and most brands are TAP water that is distilled. Bottled water like Volvic, Fiji, and Evian is spring water and bottled at the source.

I too have stomach sensitivies, but since I've been taking probiotic supplements, no more tummy problems.....

Archived