Christmas Gifts for Cruise

CruisinJazz

I'm putting together cheap gift baskets as x-mas presents for friends that will be cruising with us next September. Here's what I have pulled together so far:

Power Strip

Clear over the door shoe holder to have everything in one place

highlighters

FunShip Dollars

small Febreeze

Clips to hold shower curtain down

Can you think of any cheap items that could go along with this? I've purchased everything at the Dollar Tree except for the FunShip Dollars.

Get a small lighted clock. Walmart has them for 5$. Also, a Lanyard holder of some kind for everyone.

I did the same thing 2 christmas's ago. I also added some antibacterial wipes, the sample size. It worked great when we were on an excursion and the bathrooms were not very good. For the kids I put a disposable camera in with it.

How about a pack of post a notes for every room. We have used them to leave notes on the door in case someone was looking for us.

If you have a balcony room, you can use door stoppers. We use them every cruise to wedge in the balcony door to keep it open.

What a fun thing to plan. I love gifts like that. Plus if they will be cruising again, they can keep the stuff for the next cruise.

claudia

Wow, that is nice!! And I do not think you are going cheap..lol..

I agree, add the sunscreen, get those that are small from the travel aisle at all the stores..those are good for shore excursions! Another good thing is lip balm with sun protector in it, I cannot tell you how many times I have sun burned my lips :eek:...

Last year I took a cruise right before xmas and met up with a table full of people I had talked too here on CC, well when I got home I mailed them all cruise ship xmas ornaments with the table number from the dining room written on the bottom and the date of our cruise, they loved them! We all had a great time and will never forget #55..lol..

YOu can go to the dollar store and purchase a collapsable mesh hamper, the kind that will fold flat in the suitcase.

We always use one of these for our dirty clothes during the week!

Catrin

Hi CruisinJazz!

I did the same thing last year for my bil's. (BTW, I'm from Martinsburg)

Here's a few ideas: I put my items in a cheap collapsible duffle-type bag. Then, we packed the empty bag in our suitcases so that when we got to Florida, we could stop at a grocery store (we went down the night before and were able to shop then) to pick up a carton of sodas and waters and then put them in the duffle. Saves you from packing the drinks in your suitcase to take to the ship or having to carry the cartons around with you after you board (you can just check the extra bag with your suitcases and the porters will take it to the room with the luggage. (Don't forget to take take an extra luggage tag that the cruiseline mails you or you print off when doing e-documents.)

Plastic travel mug w/lid. They're great to carry drinks (not just coffee) around on the ship. You can walk around, ride in the elevator, etc., without worrying about spilling and even fill up with a drink from the Lido deck before going to a show. If the plastic mugs are too expensive, you could probably give several of the styrofoam cups with lids that come in a pack at some dollar stores and at Walmart and divide them between the cruisers.) You can pack socks or something inside the cup (they are clean, after all. LOL) to save suitcase space. I can't tell you how many people have commented to me on cruises that they wish they had thought to bring one.

Travel sized Lysol (I found them by the checkout at Walmart. Kind of pricy at approx. $2.85 - but worth it if you're germ conscious and want to spray the toilet seat, TV remote, or such things.)

Several gallon sized baggies. I pack my toiletries in them in case of spillage. And extras thrown in for things like a wet bathing suit at the end of the cruise. If you are taking any small liquids (i.e., hand sanitizer, lotion, etc.) onto the plane, you need to put those items in a QUART-sized baggie when going through customs.

Definitely, I don't ever want to forget my Downey Wrinkle Releaser. I found the trial size at Walmart last year to use for the gifts. (I buy the large generic brand at Dollar General for myself and refill my travel bottle before each trip.) Soooo much better than having to iron - especially things like tee-shirts.

Have a fun trip!

Hi ya neighbor! Ohhhhhhhh, I'll definitely grab the Downey Wrinkle Releaser! I absolutely hate ironing and definitely don't want to have to do that on a trip! Putting the gallon sized baggies on the list!

Do you know if Carnival sells the travel mugs with lids and handle that would be easy to carry without having to actually hold the mug? I have great clips that will clip onto a hangle of a mug and thought maybe carnival would sell these and would be a great souvenir of the cruise.

I don't know about Carnival, but I do have a plastic RCCL with a handle that I take on cruises with me.

I just went to Carnival's website and saw something called Euro travel mug for $11.99. Had a handle and stainless steel bottom with plastic liner that can be ordered. I'd think you should be able to get them on the ship too, but don't know for sure.

great ideas...I just got back from a cruise, and I did goody bags for the teenagers traveling with us...most of the stuff I had in the bags has been mentioned in this thread already...one of our group's rooms was an interior one, so I put a mini-flashlight in one of the bags...I put a deck of cards in each bag...for the ladies, I included a package of disposable mini bikini-line shavers...hair scrunchies would be a good idea for ladies as well

Archived