New Year Party

fishman

Hey all I've been on several cruises with my wife and am going on what will be our third family cruise with daughters 14 and 18. We are going in a group with some friends and will be boarding the Inspiration on the 29th of December and celebrating New Years on the ship. I wondered if anyone had ever celebrated new years with Carnival before, as this will be my first time doing so. I'm just looking for an idea of what to expect, both for my wife and the kids and their friends. Feel free to write in with any personal experiences!

We also booked a last minute New Year's cruise on the Ecstasy sailing 12-27-08 and found this out...:rolleyes:

"You can expect free champagne when you embark the ship, free champagne New Years eve up on the lido deck. A live band on the lido, A live shot from Time Square to watch the ball come down, the ships horn going off at 12AM. Some people really dress up, and go the extra mile. Hats, noisemakers and streamers were in the dining room at dinner on 1/31."

GLAD we're going on this one!:D :D

Oooh, I know that some ships do a barrel roll at midnight.... or maybe that was a movie ;) :P

Just teasing. I'm jealous of your New Year's Cruise! I've tried to figure out if I could manage to stay on for that week as well, but it's not going to work. You'll have a blast!

Hey all I've been on several cruises with my wife and am going on what will be our third family cruise with daughters 14 and 18. We are going in a group with some friends and will be boarding the Inspiration on the 29th of December and celebrating New Years on the ship. I wondered if anyone had ever celebrated new years with Carnival before, as this will be my first time doing so. I'm just looking for an idea of what to expect, both for my wife and the kids and their friends. Feel free to write in with any personal experiences!

Going on my 3rd New Years cruise this year. This will be 3 in a row for me. IMO a great time to cruise with your family. A very good upbeat cruise, with a great party up on deck. Its best to have at least one sea day to rest up before you Debark the ship.

Archived