Toddler on Princess

ChristieK0310

Hi,

we are looking at a med cruise for the summer and we have cuised RCL twice (once with dd) but am not really interested in their european cruises as I think they are very expensive for the ones I'd like to do.

Was looking at Princess, (balcony for the first time) and found 14 nights for under £2900 for all of us as dd is free and some OBC. :D I thought that was quite good as we can drive to Southampton so no air.

Its quite port intensive but we are quite happy to hop off and look around or stay on the ship - Grand Princess.

I know nothing about Princess so would really welcome your feedback and thoughts. I was thinking that as they have advertised that sailing for free child places it will hopefully be child friendly and not lots of people frowning at me lol! :eek:

Christie

Edited to add - DD would be 17 months and is very well behaved! (mostly lol)

I love Princess for my todder twins. Obviously, there will be no child care available at all, but you can take your tot into the kids area and play there together. My twins did a few Princess cruises before they were old enough to participate in the kids program and we always had a great time and were treated wonderfully. You just know that your child will be with you the entire time.

Sounds like a perfect cruise for your family.

Best,

Mia

we have just returned from Sea Princess. My kids are 5yrs and 2yrs and I must say I was disappointed with the provision for them compared with some other companys. There were very few kids on the ship which will not be the case in the summer so that might have been the reason for the service. Your little one will be too young to particiapte in the club but you can use the toys etc providing they are constantly supervisd by an adult. Pools will be out of bounds unless you can get them completely clean and dry but that is the case with most companys. In my opinion I would give P&O a look. They are excelent. They will provide a childrens tea in the plaza buffet which princess dont do and they also have a brilliant night nursery. We use to take our small one to kids tea then bath him and get him ready for bed. We would settle him in the night nursery where the staff would give us a pager for us to go and enjoy ourselves with the security that we could be contacted. The evening was then ours till midnight when we would go and collect him. This service was free and something we really mssed on the sea princess.

Archived