Coffee question??

muffinlover

what about shaking them into the trash and then using a paper towel to clean stray grounds? I do this whenever I don't have a garbage disposable available. Just the thought.......... I love the college world series, and we are building a new stadium for them, I think target date is like 2012.

what about shaking them into the trash and then using a paper towel to clean stray grounds? I do this whenever I don't have a garbage disposable available. Just the thought.......... I love the college world series, and we are building a new stadium for them, I think target date is like 2012.

One of these days I am gonna get up there...will need to find y'all so we can have a drink!! :D

I was in Colombia some years ago and noticed all the people throwing the used coffee directly to the sink, when asked the answer always was the coffee is good for the pipes since cleans all the system, don't know for real, maybe BullDog can amaze us again :D

Why not using your gallon smuggling ziploc bag to keep the used coffee??

two very good ideas....ziplock bag for the grounds and then wipe it clean into the trash...simple and easy....***** did I not think of it. :rolleyes::p

The grounds were my main concern as I would not dump them in the sink or toilet.

Thanks for the ideas!

:D

I was in Colombia some years ago and noticed all the people throwing the used coffee directly to the sink, when asked the answer always was the coffee is good for the pipes since cleans all the system, don't know for real, maybe BullDog can amaze us again :D

Sorry bud, I am not sure if that is true...however Google is a great tool to get information...which is where I got all my info on Kopi Luwak a few years ago when I had a friend whose brother was a HUGE coffee snob...he drank Kopi Luwak religiously and always crowed how rare it was and "only the most sophisticated coffee connoisseur can appreciate this coffee..." so I looked it up on Google and presented him with the facts and he suddenly was not a Kopi Luwac drinker...:rolleyes:

while it may be true...I am still hesitant about my lack of knowledge of the waste water system on the ship and would be afraid of backing things up into my own small confined cabin. :eek:

kyrisong1

Usually from the internet. We have taken a liking to their "Cafe' Especial" blend. stays frsh longer in a pot - does not get a 'singed' flavor. When we make a trip back home (Pineville/Alexandria) we always hit the Wal-Mart and Sam's - wherever the best prices are..

BullDogChief

We will still be here if you get this way. Better plan well in advance, hotels fill up fact and some die hrad fans even end up in Lincoln (aka West Omaha)...

The locals are having a real problem with building a multi million dollar "new" stadium that will be used for 2 weeks a year. The local AAA ball team (Omaha Royals) are negotiating with Sarpy County for a new stadium. Sarpy is south of Omaha but the community butts up against Omaha..

okay there mister hoity-toity...it just so happens I have done the very thing you speak of and I STILL prefer Community Dark Roast - pre-ground.

SO, keep your fancy schmancy snobby coffee-talk up there in the Pacific Northwest where it belongs with the pretentious losers and their faux sophistication...real, down-to-earth people live down here in the southeast...New Orleans is more cosmopolitan than any city in the Pacific Northwest, you don't have half the history or rich heritage we do so :p

I bet you drink Kopi Luwak too...

Ease up there!

What the poster stated about coffee is very true. Its great you enjoy your particular brand of coffee, each to their own taste but I can tell you that after being in the business the Community coffee you drink was roasted aproximately 6-8 weeks ago and once coffee is ground it loses it's freshness is about 3 days. I am another home roaster and roast my beans once a week and never grind until right before I brew. But again, to each their own!:D

Ease up there!

What the poster stated about coffee is very true. Its great you enjoy your particular brand of coffee, each to their own taste but I can tell you that after being in the business the Community coffee you drink was roasted aproximately 6-8 weeks ago and once coffee is ground it loses it's freshness is about 3 days. I am another home roaster and roast my beans once a week and never grind until right before I brew. But again, to each their own!:D

Not sure if you read that guys first post telling me I know nothing about coffee and I could not possibly know anything about good coffe since I am not from the Pacific Northwest...I know exactly where Community Coffee comes from...I don't care if you or he roast your own...like you said, to each his own...but don't degrade me because I prefer Community to your "home roasted" coffee...Community IS the best seller in the Southeast Gulf Coast...AND it is NOT because we are ignorant yokels like dclark intuits in his posts...it is because we prefer strong dark brews that we can drink black without having to put all the foo-foo crap in...

kyrisong1

Usually from the internet. We have taken a liking to their "Cafe' Especial" blend. stays frsh longer in a pot - does not get a 'singed' flavor. When we make a trip back home (Pineville/Alexandria) we always hit the Wal-Mart and Sam's - wherever the best prices are..

Hey now!! I was born in Alexandria, my dad lives in Pineville!! My uncle lives in Poland off Hwy 457, he used to own Farm Supply on Broadway in Alexandria!!!

Where in Alec you from???

Born in Alex because there was only 2 hospitals in the area at the time, Cabrini and Baptist.(do not count Charity in P'ville) Lived in P'ville. PHS '65. Did a year at N'western, some time at L.C. then played with uncle sam's little green men.

Born in Alex because there was only 2 hospitals in the area at the time, Cabrini and Baptist.(do not count Charity in P'ville) Lived in P'ville. PHS '65. Did a year at N'western, some time at L.C. then played with uncle sam's little green men.

I was born at Cabrini...then we moved to Lafayette, then to New Orleans, parents divorced had to stay with mom in New Orleans but spent many many summers in Alex and Pineville and Poland...

Hi all, we are taking our 1st CCL cruise in Feb 09, we've been on NCL and RCCL and liked NCL's coffee better. My question is what is CCL's coffee like?? Thanks much.:)

Carnival has perfectly drinkable coffee. I tasted NCL coffee and didn't like it. My wife didn't like it either.

The coffee question is of course subjective...however, that being said, I bring my own little one cup coffee maker, no heating element, & my own coffee. I will drink 'my' coffee in the morning at leisure, hot, rich & fresh...get a grande breve latte from the coffee shop around 3ish, & a capppu w/ dinner....

DH likes, or tolerates, the regular coffee available on lido, dining room, etc. Sometimes I will take a sip & make a yucky face, blech...& he asks, well why did you even try it?...my response? Well, it;s kinda like s*x, I'm always optimistic....

That is after one RCL & six CCL cruises...it's kinda a deal breaker for me, just bring my own & I'm happy, & then everyone is happy!!:p

Ease up there!

He also said any bean older than a week is stale and no good. How old are the beans you roast?

According to him...if it is more than a week since they were picked, they are no good. :rolleyes:

I love great coffee...but I am stuck with drinking good coffee on a daily basis.

:D

The SO prefers the French press..with freshly ground beans at home.

Not practical for travel. For travel he likes the Folger's 'coffee bags'..like oversized tea bags. So you can steep those for stronger coffee to taste. You just need hot water from room service and clean up is easy. It will give somewhat the same flavor as steeped french press coffee instead of drip coffee.

He will normally travel with an immersion heater and mug. But, I think immersion heaters are forbidden on cruise ships.

If you want to get really picky.

Grind your own beans right before the cruise, pack in Tupperware..or baggies.

Then put it in these "t-Sac" before making.

http://www.englishteastore.com/tsac.html

Or make servings of the filled sacks and vacuum pack in a food saver.

They are like oversize teabags you can fill yourself.

For hot water..either room service. (probably too cold)..or dump the pot they bring and refill with hot water at the lido deck or bring your own thermal pot.

Archived