First timers in the Bahamas!

lauramsr

Hi! It is my husband's and my first time in a cruise. He is giving it to me as my 21st bday gift. We are going with Carnival Sensation to Nassau. I would like some ideas as to what to do once on shore. We are spending two days in Nassau.

I know there is a great waterpark (Atlantis) and that you can swim with the dolphins but we would like to spend a day at the beach and maybe rent some jet-skiis & snorkels. Could you give me more information as to whether it is possible to rent this independently or should we take try to do everything thru Carnival? Also, we are not big on the shopping side of the Bahamas, could you give us some ideas of "MUST DO's" or things to do for a tight budget?

Thanks!

Hi! It is my husband's and my first time in a cruise. He is giving it to me as my 21st bday gift. We are going with Carnival Sensation to Nassau. I would like some ideas as to what to do once on shore. We are spending two days in Nassau.

I know there is a great waterpark (Atlantis) and that you can swim with the dolphins but we would like to spend a day at the beach and maybe rent some jet-skiis & snorkels. Could you give me more information as to whether it is possible to rent this independently or should we take try to do everything thru Carnival? Also, we are not big on the shopping side of the Bahamas, could you give us some ideas of "MUST DO's" or things to do for a tight budget?

Thanks!

Spending 2 days in Nassau while on a cruise ??? First I ever heard of this other than arriving early in the morning and leaving around midnight the same day !

Congrats on your b.day gift !

It is a 3 day cruise and according to the itinerary, we would arrive to Nassau on Dec 12 at 10am and don't leave Nassau until 6am of Dec 13th.

I thought it would be cool to go to the water park on the Dec 12th & then the Dec 13th just do like 2 or 3 hours on the shore. Does this sound ok, or do you just suggest me staying on the cruise the whole time? I was iffy about staying the whole time on the ship since the 13th (from 6am til the next day) is what they called "Fun Day at Sea".

HELP!!!

It is a 3 day cruise and according to the itinerary, we would arrive to Nassau on Dec 12 at 10am and don't leave Nassau until 6am of Dec 13th.......then the Dec 13th just do like 2 or 3 hours on the shore. Does this sound ok, HELP!!!

You probably wont have time to do anything on the 13th since the boat will be "leaving" at 6am. You'd more likely have time to go out clubbing all night on the 12th and then after the clubs closed, have just enough time to make it back to the ship before it leaves. If you opt to do that then you could grab some breakfast when you get back on the boat then sleep most of the "Fun Day At Sea" away.

As for things to do in Nassau during the day on the 12th.....check out this thread (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=841771). It has a wealth of information and loads of suggestions. Good Luck & Have Fun on Your Cruise ;)

It is a 3 day cruise and according to the itinerary, we would arrive to Nassau on Dec 12 at 10am and don't leave Nassau until 6am of Dec 13th.

I thought it would be cool to go to the water park on the Dec 12th & then the Dec 13th just do like 2 or 3 hours on the shore. Does this sound ok, or do you just suggest me staying on the cruise the whole time? I was iffy about staying the whole time on the ship since the 13th (from 6am til the next day) is what they called "Fun Day at Sea".

HELP!!!

Yes... you will arrive and have the entire day in Nassau on the 12th, but the shops will close around 6pm and the only thing left to do is perhaps hit the clubs or gamble a little bit. The ship departs at 6am on the 13th (hardly considered a 2nd day) and you willl need to be back onboard the ship at say 5am. I certainly wouldn't feel safe out in Nassau in the wee hours of the am before daylight ! So in reality, you are really only in Nassau for 1 day for activities.

Years ago I did the Dolphins at BlueLogon island and loved it. last year we did the 25$ tour that the people hit you up with as you get out of the building and we really enjoyed that. Learned alot about the island! Well worth the 25$. Good luck, Just have a good time.

Archived