Any problems "making" a non-ship excursion tour with 15,000 cruisers in GC?

Jinx71

We want to do some snorkeling & Sting Ray City, but concerned about the other 15,000 cruisers in Port.....:o

Debating between:

1) Booking a shore excursion (sardines in a can, but no worries about times, etc...)

2) Booking a Private Tour (maybe Nativeway - Rays, Reef & Rum Point)

3) Wait until we get there and see what's offered at the Pier

Any Suggestions or Helpful Hints?

Thanks! :D

There will be MANY people trying to sell you tours when you get in port, there will be no shortage of options! You may be able to get a better price if you wait and get a tour in port, but you don't know anything about that company. For me, I like to book excursions with companies that are highly recommended on here so that I know I am in good hands. I can vouch for NativeWay Tours, I have taken the same tour with them twice now. But that was their "Stingray City and Island Tour". It was great, and if I go back, most likely I would use them again. I like the peace of mind of knowing something about the company that I am using. But I am sure that many people have great experiences using companies that they find at the port. I guess it just depends on your comfort level, but you definitely dont have to worry about the other thousand people going on shore, there will be plenty of options!

15,000 ? Can there be that many cruisers at one time in GC ??

How many ships would that be??

We stopped in GC a few years back and I think there were 3 other ships, How many at one time stop in GC on any given day??

15k, that has to be like 5 or more ships.

Your count down ticker shows you are travelling on the Celebrity Constellation the week of January 12th. Your ship is currently scheduled in Grand Cayman on January 14th. Your ship is currently scheduled to hold position by engine power and to tender to the South terminal.

Including your ship, there are 5 ships scheduled that day with up to 15,235 passengers.

Note that passenger counts reflect the capacity of the ship and not necessarily how many people are on the ship for a given week. If ships sail with empty cabins then passenger loads would actually be less.

Yup, 5 ships! But, I don't think all the cabins could possibly be occupied in the Panama Canal in January.....:rolleyes:

We'll be there the 24th of December-

13185 passengers on 4 ships-

Liberty, Conquest, Voyager of Seas, Constellation

Have you ever been in port with THAT many Large ships? I haven't....We tend to take longer cruises though I am trying a 7 Day on Royal 's Freedom of the Seas in October 2009, I think...Still, they are "off" times so not a lot of cruisers ...If you get a chance, let me know how it goes!:D

Archived