Physical Activities in Belize

CruzinMom3

My husband and I are going on our first cruise ever. We are going to Belize and Cozumel in January and would like suggestions for very active things to do in both ports. I figure that we will be relaxing enough on the ship and would like to participate in physical activities on shore. Any suggestions? We usually go on vacations with our 3 children, but not this time. Thanks for the ideas.

Probably the most active thing you could do in Belize is snorkel, but book it early. We were not able to get the snorkel excursion on the ship, and since I didn't want to tube and my husband didn't want to zip-line, we ended up with the bicycle tour of the jungle. It was active and the guide paced it to our group of 9 with several stops to point out something informative, however, it could be done at a more active pace if you wish. (Our guide did ask us at the beginning of the jungle if we wanted to just ride or if we wanted an informative ride.) The trail is well maintained, nothing too steep and not too many low branches and you will get your heart rate up a bit. If you plan to go for a workout - be sure to get a helmet, they were available but not required.

They used to involve the bike ride with Altun Ha and a traditional lunch, but I don't think they do that anymore - too bad, because the lunch was great!

We're looking at doing Raiders of the Lost Mayan Cave (rappelling, zip lines, etc.) or the Robinson Crusoe adventure. Both seem fairly active!

Archived