Passports for excursions

ultracat

First time cruiser. Do we take our passports on excursions or leave them on the ship? If we miss the boat, we'd be stuck in a foreign country so I'm thinking we carry our passports at all times. On the other hand, I prefer the idea of keeping my passport nice and safe on the ship. What's the right way to go? What do you experienced cruisers do? Our excursions are the adventurous type: snorkelling in the ocean, rainforest hike, etc. So, I'm also a bit worried if we have to bring our passports, where do we put them while on the excursions?

Thanks, this forum is GREAT! Looking forward to our first ever cruise! We may think up some other questions. If so, we'll post back.

Take your passport with you! We recently did four Mexican Rivera ports, one of them required you to show your passport to just get onto the dock to return to the ship. While snorkeling on Aruba, I put our passports, ship cards, and cash into an http://http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/aloksakarm.html Alocak Racing Arm Band. It worked like a champ, kept our stuff nice and dry, attached to my body the entire time...

Some excursions require you to carry a passport. I don't know if any Mexican Riveria or Caribbean ones do, but for instance the Yukon Territory Scenic Drive on the Alaskan itinenary does require a valid passport. So I would check first to see if any you are going on require them. Probably not as the reason the Yukon one does is during the actual tour you go from American soil to Canadian.

Archived