Live from the Indy

hawkfanI

Last day update, I still have quite a few minutes left on my pkg so I can spend a little more time here. Ate at Portifino's Tuesday night, dinner was awesome. Had the filet, it was so tender it melted in my mouth, has to be one of the best steaks I've ever had. Service was so, so. I don't think they crew enough staff to take care of everyone like they should. Wednesday we were in Costa Maya. Paid $20 each to go to Tequila Beach where we had all we could drink and eat all day long. We also got a 40 minutes massage for $20. About a 10th of what the ship charges for the same massage. We were all pretty worn out after the day on the beach and skipped dinner in the dining room. I saw that someone thought that the Windjammer closed for lunch, I've never seen it closed for any meal. If you enjoy alcholic beverages, be prepared to pay!!! A 16oz Bud Light will cost you about $6 each. Mixed drinks are obviously more. I think I paid $9 for a martini at dinner one night. Formal nights on the 6 day cruise are Monday and Thursday. Tonight we are eating at Chops. It's been pretty choppy waters and ship has been moving around quite a bit the last couple of days, a few drinks makes that interesting. Tomorrow we're are to get off the ship at 9:00 but I think they start getting people off around 7:30, I think it's based on what airport you're flying out of. Tomorrow night we are staying at the Hyatt Place which just across the street from the Embassy Suites. They have free internet access there so I could do a review as early as tomorrow.

Did you book Tequila Beach onboard or after you got to Costa Maya?

Thanks for the review!

am i to understand that foo foo drinks on the indy are $9.00?:eek: yikes

No, not all. There are some martinis and specialty drinks pushing $9, but the drink of the day can still be found less than $9. I personally liked the Long Beach Tea, with tip that was a still a bit under $9.

Mike

Yes, we did do Tequila Beach for $20 per person. For those smugglers amoung us, we did bring on 2.5 cases of beer without a problem. You just need to make sure you stash in your checked luggage. Anything you try to get through security at check in will be confiscated. All beer is $4.95 per serving plus 15% gratuity, regardless of the brand. We ate at Chops tonight and it was outstanding!!! The service was much better at Chops than it was at Portifino's. Still have about 37 minutes worth of internet time I'm trying to use up before we get off. More later!!

Glad to hear everyone had a great time..

We are going march 1st and taking another couple on thier 1st cruise.. I did not want to take them on one of the smaller ships and when the time came to book i knew was best to get them started on a new large ship. Soooooo looking forward to it.

See ya all there..i will be the one having the most fun...

Come join us on the 3/1/2009 roll call board. We have a nice active group that would welcome you and the other couple warmly :)

Hi this will be my first time on a cruise. Trying to find fun things to do on shore. You mentioned Tequila Beach for only $20 all you can eat and drink. How did you book it at that price.

Also my 13 yr old son is going with me. Do you know how the arcade works. Does it come of the sea pass or do I need quarters. Any info would be great . Thanks

freve.....welcome to cruise critic and the world of cruising:D

be prepared to become addicted. we all are. we continually post because we live vicariously through everyone else's cruise waiting for OUR next cruise:)

the arcade uses your sea pass....be careful because it adds up quickly:eek:

if you have ANY questions ask away...also have you found your roll call? this is where people from your sailing chat. you can find out if anyone else is traveling with kids etc. i will find the link for you and post it

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=575381

click on this link......it looks like there are a lot of people on your cruise who post on cruise critic......you don't have to read back all 1500 posts....just go back a few pages and then introduce yourself. we are all a very friendly group and "chatting" on your roll call is a great way to introduce yourself to cruising:)

thank you for the info. he loves arcades so i will have to budget that. going with a small budget due to economy, but i'm not a big drinker so i will save there and don't plan to gamble.

Thank you for the link.

Archived