Cabanas at Grand Turk - Available??

rickcop44

My family and I are on Crown Princess in late February. Ever since shore excursions opened up about three weeks ago, the cabanas on Grand Turk have been showing "canceled." This past weekend, I looked again and the "canceled" wasn't showing. I went ahead and reserved a cabana and got a confirmation from Princess. Shortly afterwards, I went back into the cabanas to get more information and the "canceled" was once again showing. Does anyone know the status of the cabanas at Grand Turk? Are they available for reserving, or did Princess do a short term boo boo? I'm still showing as confirmed. Thanks everyone!

Thanks Sessa. It's probably being picky, but I really would prefer that if an excursion isn't available, that Princess completely remove it (i.e., remove the temptation). That's what Carnival does if one is canceled or scratched for some reason.

Which thread? I searched and couldn't find them. I got my cruise packet yesterday and it contained a list of shore excursions for each port, including the cabanas at Grand Turk. Confusing, very confusing. Oh well, either they're rebuilt or they aren't. As I learned on my Australian holiday, no worries.

Which thread? I searched and couldn't find them. I got my cruise packet yesterday and it contained a list of shore excursions for each port, including the cabanas at Grand Turk. Confusing, very confusing. Oh well, either they're rebuilt or they aren't. As I learned on my Australian holiday, no worries.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/569177713QgvzXP

Here are my pictures of Grand Turk from 12-5. I'm sure the cabanas could be rebuilt quickly. Just 4 walls, a roof and a porch. They definitely were gone on our trip, but could be there now.

Before I found out that the cabanas were no more, I reserved one. I just checked a few minutes ago, and it shows "confirmed" beside the order. So maybe they are back?

We are leaving January 4 on the Crown Princess. (I would have loved to get a cabana at Princess Cay, but even if they weren't all booked, we just couldn't afford it.)

So I wonder if maybe they are backed? I've seen the pictures. . .

Jana

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just came back last night and did not see any cabanas there.

For 20 bucks you can rent a retractable cover for 2 chairs. I don't think of that as a cabana...If you go to the swimming pool area umbrellas are free!

• 5 months later...

Archived