Bannister Island Pictures ~ 11/25/2008

xxbrowns

I will try to answer some of your questions.

Our excursion left at 9:30 am. Before we left, we ate breakfast so we really weren't hungry in the 4+ hours that we were there, so I can't tell you anything about the food. Come to think of it, I didn't see anyone there eating, but I didn't pay that much attention to it.

We packed our own snorkeling gear from home, unfortunately, forgot to bring it to Bannister. There were some people snorkeling and I think it would have been pretty decent though. We were able to see fish by standing on the wooden walkway. I believe you could rent the equipment there, but we did not.

The beach wasn't crowded at all. There were no motorized water sports available. I didn't notice if they did or didn't offer any massages. They did have "floats" that you can use at no cost. The trampoline was $10 extra. It didn't seem as if anyone kept track of if someone paid or didn't. My kids did not use the trampoline.

Here are more pictures:

Some fish we saw:

ry%3D400

Trampoline:

ry%3D400

The "floats"

ry%3D400

View of the beach:

ry%3D400

More beach:

ry%3D400

Hammocks:

ry%3D400

Thank you for answering all my questions. The Island really looks beautiful! For $10 I may pass on the trampoline. One last question (for now), how hard was it to get a hammock?:cool:

Not hard at all. The hammocks are on the side of the Island that you can't swim, sorta around the corner from the beach. There were 5 or 6 lined up in a row, mostly kids hopped on them for a couple of minutes and then they were done. We went there 2 or 3 times during our 4 hour stay and they were empty every time.

I agree with poster. I just returned from a visit to Bannister Island last week. The beach was wonderful... so clean and beautiful. There were not a lot of people there. I was surprised. Noone in hammocks. We bought a plate of BBQ chicken with island rice and potato salad. It was cooking right there on the beach and smelled so good! Water was clear and gorgeous. They also had a bar "hut". I do not think you will be disappointed visiting the beautiful place.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone go to Bannister Island thru Coral breeze recently?

I am hesitating booking ahead thru the ship as most times I have been to Belize it has rained, so not always a beach day....

If I wait to see the weather and book once I get there, with one of the tour guides on the pier, Is it only Coral breeze that does this trip, how much is it per person, and how long is the boat trip to island.? thanks.

Do you know what the snorkelling is like on the island? We are looking for a good snorkelling spot on our next trip

When we were there we paid a guide on the island $20 each and he took us out to their barrier reef. It was awesome! That was two years ago and I don't know if they still provide that.

Archived